Options

trip planning

Hi we are doing the Sept 1 trip from Prague. I am so used to thoroughly planning our trips. Should I be looking at things to do in ,Vienna say, on our free time, or do they give you a little talk the day before and point out other things to see? I have started doing research... but would also love to just go! thanks!! Karen

Comments

• Options
    I did this tour last year. We had a walking tour of Vienna that covered quite a bit. When the tour ended we walked around the area a little more and stopped and had a pastry before returning to the boat. I keep a travel journal and my notes said that we also had an orientation talk on the boat. If you have not traveled with Tauck, they basically take care of everything. You can just relax and enjoy the experience.
  • Options
    I concur with Kathy. Taucks Tour and Cruise Directors do a great job. I always do lots of reading before tours but usually the things I've enjoyed the most were total surprises.

Each night you'll get a Discovery Briefing for the next day's location with history, sights etc and a detailed time schedule. Also they will have maps with sights, atm's and other info the day of. Can't hurt to do some reading ahead. The only tricky part is not knowing exactly where the ship or bus drop off location is relative to specific sights.
  • Options
    In Vienna if you like fine art, visit the Albertina museum. The Tauck bus drop/pick-up was at the entrance

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file