Switzerland Crown Jewel Tour

Looking forward to our tour next week Sept. 11. Do the hotels have hair dryers in them? I've also read Rick Steves book that said many hotels do not have washcloths. Any other hints of traveling on this majestic tour would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I think it is a possibility that Tauck organizes washcloths in hotels just for their clients. On my recent trip to London, I took one with me and it was white and my room mate thought it was an hotel one and used it! Note to self--- next time you share a room with someone, take a colored washcloth!
  • On the hairdryer - probably. Look on the web page for your tour and the Before You Go tab. I can't remember which subtab its under but it will tell you what hotel amenities are provided like hairdryers, robes, etc.
  • If you look at Acccommodation, there is a description of each hotel, it sometimes mentions hairdryers. If not, go to the website for each hotel, where you usually see more details about each hotel. Also useful because it often lists things to see in the area near the hotel.
  • It's also listed under What to Pack on the Before You Go page.

I always go to the hotel's webpage to see more pictures, get an idea of other amenities, does it have a pool or gym, and the concierge section if it has one. They often provide interesting info on local places to see, shop, dine, etc.
  • Thanks for the good suggestions. Looking forward to our trip. Your suggestions are appreciated.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file