Grand Australia tour - activity level

How much walking is involved on this tour? And are their significant stairs and such. My wife and I are in our mid-70s and our health is declining - but want to make a few more trips. Planning on Sept. 2017.
Thanks

Comments

• You may have missed it, but Tauck now rates its trips for activity and pace (near the top of the overview). Grand Australia is Activity 2 and Pace 3 defined as follows:

Activity 2: Guests should be able to easily walk one to two miles, which may include climbing one or two flights of stairs and walking over uneven pavement, groomed hiking trails or cobblestones. Standing up to one hour or more may be required.

Pace 3: Pacing is sometimes robust, and may include several long days with early hotel departures, active sightseeing and evening activities. Opportunities for daytime rest and rejuvenation may be limited on most days. May include significant motorcoach time, two or more on-tour flights, and/or occasional travel via non-traditional means such as safari vehicles, Zodiac ship tenders, rickshaws/pedi-cabs, etc.

• Thank you. I read that. Doesn't say exactly what is expected. I am hoping someone who has been on the trip could give some comments. We have taken tours before talking about activity levels and not had to walk up to 2 miles or climb significant steps or stairs!
  • Thank you. I read that. Doesn't say exactly what is expected. I am hoping someone who has been on the trip could give some comments. We have taken tours before talking about activity levels and not had to walk up to 2 miles or climb significant steps or stairs!

See my reply to your other post.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file