Options

Kyoto suggestions

Will arrive in Kyoto a full day before trip starts. Any suggestions for sightseeing?

Comments

• Options
    We are taking the northbound tour in about three weeks. Multiple sources have advised us to visit Nara. We have booked two walking tours through Narawalk (positive reviews on Trip Advisor and recommended by the concierge at the Westin) for our pre-tour time. For our free time during the tour, we are hoping to do Philosopher's Path and will try to squeeze in a trip to the Bamboo Forest and a rickshaw tour that does not conflict with sites visited on the tour.
  • Options
    How interesting, I never saw a rickshaw in Japan, and I am sitting next to a friend this very moment who lived in Japan and never saw one. Please could you report back when you have been, I do hope to go back to Japan soon.
  • Options
    Well, check out Kyoto Rickshaw Tours on Trip Advisor. They look like a fun way to see some sites, and they get rave reviews on TA. In India our rickshaw driver through Chandri Chowk pedaled a bike, but this looks like the guy is running and pulling the rickshaw. Oh, my! Hopefully, we will have time (and energy) to do everything on my list. Will report back!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file