Peru and Galapagos, March 21-April 4

Hello,
Just checking in to see if anyone is going on the trip coming up in three weeks, and is reading this post...Other than Alan S, as I know he checks on all posts quite frequently.
Can't wait to meet all of you. My friend, Kathy, and I will be arriving on March 20th. Kathy is from New Jersey, and I am from Connecticut. We have started to lay out clothes and things for the trip. Coming up fast now..
Looking forward to another great Tauck adventure.
See you soon.
Joanie

Comments

• 50joanie wrote:
    Hello,
    Just checking in to see if anyone is going on the trip coming up in three weeks, and is reading this post...Other than Alan S, as I know he checks on all posts quite frequently.
    Can't wait to meet all of you. My friend, Kathy, and I will be arriving on March 20th. Kathy is from New Jersey, and I am from Connecticut. We have started to lay out clothes and things for the trip. Coming up fast now..
    Looking forward to another great Tauck adventure.
    See you soon.
    Joanie

"Checks on all posts quite frequently," who me? Actually it is 21 Days, 00 hour, 04 mins. and 10 secs until our flight, but who's counting. What time does your plane get in?
  • Did this trip last April. It was great but here are a few things to remember.
    Do not drink anything that is not in a bottle. Do not drink Pisco Sours.
    Ice in Restaurants is not treated for our Intestinal flora.
    Food in Restaurants is fine but drinks with ice are not.
    Also, you will be going from sea level to 10,000 ft in an Hour
    Not the best thing for your body. Give yourself plenty of time to adapt.
    Rest and drink water. Also in Cuzco get a room with Oxygen
    It will be well worth the extra money.
    Galapagos was a different story. Great ship, great food
    A doctor on board. If you are not a great swimmer ask about the
    Different snorkeling stops as some were calm and some where rough.
    Hope you like birds as there are everywhere ????????
    Good shopping in Cuzco. Lots of local silver designs.
    They will take u to an alpaca farm. What fun but the store there is quite
    Pricey. All in all a fun trip, but not for anyone who is not in shape.
    No shopping in Galapagos except at airport when you leave. Mostly
    Tee ????
  • Thanks, Bella, for the great tips. Good room tip for Cusco. Trip seemed a long way off, and now just days away. Have packed and repacked. Was it warm in Galápagos? When you were there. Is it buggy? Looking forward to getting out of the northeast, for sure...
  • I'm going on this trip in early May. Do any of you have a recommendation as to whether walking stick(s) are needed? Thanks.
  • edited March 2017
    jar742 wrote:
    I'm going on this trip in early May. Do any of you have a recommendation as to whether walking stick(s) are needed? Thanks.

Do you have any mobility issues or problems walking on regular terrain? If not, a walking stick is likely not needed, just something else to carry. Some find then to be annoying- users: trying to juggle the stick and a bag or camera; others: users allowing their walking sticks to get in other people's way (tripping them?).

Isabella II has bamboo sticks to use. Any stick at Machu Picchu (all archeological sites?) and Galapagos must have a rubber tip. We are headed to MP tomorrow!!
  • Thanks for the help. Don't want to bring a stick --- as you say, too much to carry. Guess I'll be OK without one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file