Clothing advice

I'm posting this on the northbound and southbound boards since they are similar and hope to reach more people. Anyone who has been on this trip? Clothing pointers are appreciated. For day and evening and on ship. Thanks.

Comments

• Under the "Before You Go" tab for this tour there is some very specific guidance on what to pack. Very different from anything I've read on other Tauck tours.

• We are leaving on Monday, and I will report back on the clothing issue. I agree with Claudia that the suggested packing list is a bit different. Also, the travel docs state that the ship might be a bit dressier because there might be more international guests aboard. So, I threw in a few more dressy blouses/ coverups, and, wonder of wonders, my husband is actually bringing along a jacket ! Well, he says he is, but he still has 2 days to back out of that one!! It will be a first since 2002 and 13 Tauck trips ago! He does, however, draw the line at a tie!
  • We did this trip a year ago and did well with long pants and short sleeved shirts and blouses. Polo or collared shirts worked well. And, throw in a light jacket/windbreaker for the cooler days. There may be European guests on board on a separate booking, and they do tend to dress nice. Smart casual is fine. A jacket for men is not necessary. A light sweater would also work well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file