Peru and Bolivia

My husband and I will be on the May 17th tour Empire of the Incas: Peru and Bolivia.

We will not be getting the Yellow fever vaccine due to the medications we currently take [interaction]. Since it is only recommended and not mandatory, we decided to follow our doctors advice and not take the yellow fever vaccine.

Travelers who have already taken this trip...Did you have any problems at the airport for opting out of taking
Yellow fever vaccine. Do the authorities enforce it.

Excited about our trip...would like to connect with other fellow travelers.

Malini

Comments

• Malini wrote:
    My husband and I will be on the May 17th tour Empire of the Incas: Peru and Bolivia.

We will not be getting the Yellow fever vaccine due to the medications we currently take [interaction]. Since it is only recommended and not mandatory, we decided to follow our doctors advice and not take the yellow fever vaccine.

Travelers who have already taken this trip...Did you have any problems at the airport for opting out of taking
    Yellow fever vaccine. Do the authorities enforce it.

Excited about our trip...would like to connect with other fellow travelers.

Malini

Different tour, but on Peru & Galapagos, no one at the airports in Peru (Lima & Cusco) nor Ecuador (Quito, Guayaquil, Galapagos) ever mentioned inoculations or asked to see shot cards. I can't speak for Bolivia.
  • I didn't do any vaccinations for that trip and nobody asked about it.
  • Dear World travelers....

Thanks for the responses. I heard from other travels too that vaccinations were not a problem.

Malini

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file