Appears full single supplement (200% time a double) starts is 2018

I've been on over 10 tours with Tauck, the majority of which were on a single basis since my husband doesn't like to travel. When I retired, I wanted to travel, he did not, our agreement was as long as I was going with Tauck it was OK.

For my prior tours Tauck charged a single supplement fee which was workable and understandable for the difference. However for my 2018 trip to China, I'm being charged basically double the current 2018 fee for a double.

I always thought Tauck was a progressive tour company understanding that more and more women travel on a single basis and should not be charged the same price as a couple; i.e., two times the rate of one double person. After all, we only eat for one, there is attendance to tours for one, there is hotel accommodations for one--why should be charged twice the amount of a double since we are just a single (a/k/a the single supplement).

If Tauck wants to continue this ridiculous 100% supplement which many of their cheap competitors have, I will really need to look elsewhere for a different tour company.

Comments

• You're right. That's nuts!

I've been on two Tauck trips in the past, and I have two trips coming up later this year, including the China trip you mention. For me, the single supplement for China was $1300 ($1800 minus the $500 special solo traveler savings date).

If they stick with this policy, I'll be looking elsewhere for future travel. It's a shame, considering how much I've enjoyed their trips. Hopefully there will be more replies like this and management reads this forum.
  • retiredCPA wrote:
    I've been on over 10 tours with Tauck, the majority of which were on a single basis since my husband doesn't like to travel. When I retired, I wanted to travel, he did not, our agreement was as long as I was going with Tauck it was OK.

For my prior tours Tauck charged a single supplement fee which was workable and understandable for the difference. However for my 2018 trip to China, I'm being charged basically double the current 2018 fee for a double.

I always thought Tauck was a progressive tour company understanding that more and more women travel on a single basis and should not be charged the same price as a couple; i.e., two times the rate of one double person. After all, we only eat for one, there is attendance to tours for one, there is hotel accommodations for one--why should be charged twice the amount of a double since we are just a single (a/k/a the single supplement).

If Tauck wants to continue this ridiculous 100% supplement which many of their cheap competitors have, I will really need to look elsewhere for a different tour company.

Hi retiredCPA,

First of all thank you so much for pointing out our error. The data analyst entered the wrong number in to our system. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best,
    Emily
  • Thank you Emily! Yes, I finally got a response regarding the incorrect posting. The problem originally occurred over the Easter weekend when decision staff were limited.

I'm so glad Tauck continues with its forward thinking attitude that women (retired baby boomers are growing) are coming to fruition to be able to travel whether we are single, widowed, or divorced. We women "came out of the kitchen" quite a while ago and this is a change tour companies will need to address.

Tauck is one, if not the only, high end tour companies that understands the above and I applaud you over and over!

As a retired professional woman, thank you for your insight and, on behalf of my husband who doesn't like to travel, taking care of me in my travels for my numerous trips with you. I look forward to many more!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file