Solution to Problems Printing Itinerary From Tauck Website

I may be the only one, but I've always had problems printing my itinerary from the Tauck website. It would print out with odd page breaks that would omit or partially cut off some days. I've tried several printers and computers with the same result. This was very frustrating. But I stumbled on a solution recently which I'd like to share to those who may encounter the same problem. If you call up your intierary for your trip on the website (either the short or long form) and then right click on the "intinerary" tab you used to call it up, you get a drop down menu that allows you to select "open new tab". If you click on that, you get a "new tab" at the top of the page. Opening that tab gives you an itinerary that prints out perfectly. I'm using Google as the search engine.

Comments

• Never had a problem printing itinerary
  • edited May 2017
    That is a good idea if you don't mind the large 'Day' number graphic.

When I build my MSWord trip 'presentation' (sales pitch) books for my wife I insert photos (from the web) on the left hand pages (back of previous page) and the text of the itinerary on the right hand page. I also do some reformatting of meals and lodging info, so I find it almost as easy to do a cut and paste.
  • Guess I'm too old school (and probably a bit lazy)! I just rip the itinerary out of the brochure!
  • joycesw wrote:
    Guess I'm too old school (and probably a bit lazy)! I just rip the itinerary out of the brochure!

Ed is probably not as much of a hard sell! : ) I include lots of pics of the places on the itinerary on the facing pages, plus do a bunch of highlighting and underlining- very professional, plastic report cover, the kind with slip-on binding, but I do draw the line at glossy paper. Still, it is probably a little OCD : )
  • Thank you for this information! It was very helpful...I also have had trouble printing out all the itinerary information!
  • Okay, Alan...guess it's confession time! When my great-nephew in New York sent me his "Flat Stanley" project, not only did I include 35 pages of photos and text on glossy photo paper, but I had the thing professionally bound before I sent it to him! Yes, Flat Stanley had quite an adventure here in Northern California! However, you are correct! Ed is not so fussy about the presentation!!!
  • Jack 47. Thanks so much. This really makes it easy to print out a clean copy to send out.
  • I like to look at the Itinerary I'm interested in on Tauck's website then I click "Get a free trip planner" on the upper right side
    of the page, pick the date & put in my email address, hit submit & a clean copy of the itinerary shows up in my email seconds later. It even gives you a price for the date you might want.
    I've printed so many itineraries over the last few months I'm surprised I haven't broken our printer:)