Options

Tour Companies for Arusha National Park Day Tour

Would like some feedback on tour companies and fees for Day Tour of Arusha National Park. The price seems to be a lot lower if I book directly through Serena Lake Duluti Hotel (which uses Wayo Africa), then if I book through Wayo directly. I haven't been able to get a reply from either of them as to why this is?

Anyone else have this experience ?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    cb2labs wrote:
    Would like some feedback on tour companies and fees for Day Tour of Arusha National Park. The price seems to be a lot lower if I book directly through Serena Lake Duluti Hotel (which uses Wayo Africa), than if I book through Wayo directly. I haven't been able to get a reply from either of them as to why this is?

Anyone else have this experience ?

How much is the difference? The hotel may have a special arrangement with Wayo which they may not acknowledge, though dealing direct is usually cheaper, or there may be some difference in what is offered (more/less time, includes walking tour, etc.).

I would work through the Serena Lake Duluti- if there is a problem you will be able to discuss it with the concierge/hotel manager- face-to-face, instead of you trying to reach the tour company by phone, email, etc. If needed, the hotel will be able to contact Wayo and/or even your driver who will be a local. Cheaper seals the deal.

How do the prices compare with the 2015 prices I posted two weeks ago in this thread in the K&T forum.

I'd be interested to know if Tauck has switched from Asilia to Wayo also.