MS Joy

Does anyone know if these ships have on board laundry service? Alternatively what are the options for getting something cleaned or pressed?

Comments

• Yes, they have laundry service for a fee but not dry cleaning. Its not cheap. I paid 6 euros to have a pair of slacks done. Takes 24 hours. Your room attendant or the front desk staff can tell you what to do.

The only alternative is to hand wash in the sink. There is a pull out hanging line in the shower. The sinks don't have stoppers so bring your own or you may he able to borrow front the front desk.

Highly recommend reading everything for your tour under the Before You Go and Deck Plan tabs. Lots of useful info.
  • We were on the MS Joy last June. Laundry is a bit pricey however seems minor when compared to the trip and airfare. There were irons and ironing boards in the cabin so items can be touched up. We travel with as much quick dry clothes as possible and it works for us real well. Enjoy this wonderful trip.
  • What type stateroom were you in Ashved? Unless things have changed only the Cat 7 suites have their own iron and ironing boards,but others can borrow them from reception.
  • Claudia. We were in Cabin 312 (Cat 7) and did have an iron and ironing board in the closet. Ed
  • Old thread, but does anyone know if Tauck provides any sort of clothes drying lines in the cabins aboard their European river boats? Trying to pack light, so would like to avoid bringing my own.

• No, they do not. Just hang your laundered items on provided hangers and place on shower door or elsewhere.

• We have traveled on two river boats and both of them had a retractable clothes line in the shower. The Inspire and the Swiss Jewel which is no longer in service.

• edited July 2022

We've traveled on 5 of their ships in cabins on the Ruby deck and they all had retractable clothes lines in the shower. If you look at the photo, in the corner of the shower above and to the right of the shower head there is a round silver thing. That's the clothes line housing. You pull it out and attach to the silver thing on the opposite wall. Ventilation in the showers aren't great so it works best for quick drying items and/or to wring them out first using a towel.

• edited July 2022

Looks like I am mistaken. I am quite sure the Andorinha did not, but I could be wrong there as well. My apologies.

Hint -
    The few items I do hand launder, I hang in the walk-in closet ((category 7 and category 5 (Andorinha) cabins)) and leave the closet door open. No humidity that way and the items dry quite quickly. Of course, I do not hang them dripping wet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file