Rhine River Map

A number of years ago my wife and I took a Danube River cruise (not Tauck, but a wonderful cruise nevertheless) and could purchase aboard the boat a long, skinny map of our cruise down the Danube, with sights graphically shown on the map. Does anyone know if such a map is available for the Rhine cruise? I could not find any for purchase online, but did find such a map on-line that was, unfortunately, not printable (at least not by me - long and skinny doesn't work).

Comments

• I bought a map of the type that you want on a GCT riverboat cruise on the Rhine and Mosel two years ago. I have separate maps of each river that I purchased on board, so I know that that kind of map is made. It may, or may not, be available on the Tauck riverboat.
  • Well, it appears none of the previous Rhine River Cruisers remembers if such a map was available or not. Guess I'll wait and see.

Thanks for your response lovestravel. At least I now know that such a map exists. The question remains as to whether it's available on Tauck's boat.
  • Wallaroo wrote:
    Well, it appears none of the previous Rhine River Cruisers remembers if such a map was available or not. Guess I'll wait and see.

Thanks for your response lovestravel. At least I now know that such a map exists. The question remains as to whether it's available on Tauck's boat.

Just Google it- there are plenty of them online. Here is a link to a colorfully illustrated (vs true to scale road or navigational) map that is free to download, though, personally, I would prefer an accordion style map printed on heavy, durable, paper. The one at the link covers from Amsterdam to Bingen. It is illustrated with towns, castles, ferry crossings, bridges, etc. in their general locations with names. Similar ones are available for selected portions of the Rhine. Another thought- if you have a tablet, you might consider just downloading this map or one like it, and take your tablet with you.

You might also be able to order river maps (or get one free) from one of the other river cruise lines- Viking, Avalon, Uniworld, etc.

• Wallaroo, my Rhine river map lists the email address for the map company as info@schoening-verlag.de. The internet address is www.schoening-verlag.de. Tauck also gives a suggested reading list. You might try there if you're not successful with the other info. The company they recommend is Longitudel. Check the Tauck website.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file