GRAND ALASKA VIDEO FROM JUNE 2016 - LOVED IT!

CLICK ON THIS LINK TO SEE GRAND ALASKA...I LOVED IT? WENT FROM JUNE 21 TO JULY 6, 2016

http://youtu.be/vOoK_SITzpY

EVERYTHING on the video was a part of the tauck grand alaska, but the first day, did a photography expedition on june, 21st....the longest day of the year. got great pictures. photo treks and glenn was fab in Anchorage. the tauck trip was great. I loved the sea plane, trains, and all the tauck excursions. we did book a separate excursion of the dog sleds. that was worth the three hours as we landed on mendenhall glacier. enjoy the video as I think it is a good overview of the trip.

jo

Comments

• Great video! Thank you.
  • Hi Jo. Many thanks for the video. Looks like you had a great time! Bill
  • Thank you for your wonderful review.... we just got back from the same trip (also the Island Princess) last week. LOVED all the Tauck land trips, the scenery, people, animals and a world so unlike the one I live in daily. Not a fan of the Princess portion... it was just too generic and nothing special. I'm surprised Tauck was not able to somehow upgrade the experience. It truly made us question whether we were on a Tauck trip.
  • We just returned from the Grand Alaska tour and loved it--we were on the same trip as Marilyn and Gary who posted above. We too absolutely loved the land portion and side trips, such unspoiled and breathtaking beauty, Alaska is an amazing state. The highlight had to be the flightseeing trip in Denali. Our tour director Rick was terrific, very knowledgeable and a great sense of humor. We weren't crazy about the cruise portion either, although realize this is the only way you can see the inner passage and towns of Southeast Alaska. This was our first cruise so we didn't know what to expect--not sure we're cut out for large ship cruises. Under the circumstances I think our tour director did a very good job of keeping us together as a group and we had some great land excursions in several of the ports we visited.
  • We took a Princess cruise to Alaska several years ago, and like you, we both loved the land portion of the cruise as well as the beauty of the cruise with all the wonderful glaciers and enjoyable land excursions. However, my husband, like you, did not especially like the crowds on the ship which were much too large for him. They were so much so that I've not been able to persuade him even to take a Caribbean cruise. However, don't write all cruises off! Both of us LOVE the European riverboat cruises, some with Tauck and some with other companies. The number of passengers is usually around 150-160 or even less. You unpack once, have wonderful meals, and explore the lovely ports during the day. The boat usually moves at night unless you're going through a particularly scenic area during the day, in which case you do see the beauty of the vineyards and the castles along the riverside. We've also taken riverboat cruises on the Yangtze in China and along the Nile in Egypt and loved them all, so if you've not done one, do give them a try!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file