Welcome to Tauck’s the Rhine, Swiss Alps & Amsterdam - Northbound Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s the Rhine, Swiss Alps & Amsterdam - Northbound Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• I will be on an August sailing of the Rhine, Swiss Alps & Amsterdam. We plan on taking the tour to Jungfrau. I was wondering what is the average temperature at Jungfrau in August ? I'm trying to figure out what to pack.

• Hi Citygirl6833,
    If you look at the itinerary page for your upcoming tour, there is a Before You Go tab with all kinds of information you can read to get ready for your tour: http://www.tauck.com/tours/europe-tours/central-and-eastern-europe-tours/rhine-cruises-rgx-2016.aspx?tabPage=BeforeYouGo. Under the Preparing to Go section you'll find a weather section with average temperatures for each month for the countries you'll be traveling to. We also provide a What to Pack section with tips on the type of items to pack.
    Hope this helps you pack!
    -Kristen
  • edited July 2017
    Not long now for our first Tauck trip, we are so looking forward to our August adventure. Look forward to meeting everyone.
  • the2aussies- Are you on the trip meeting in Bern on 8/11/17 and cruising on the MS Grace?
  • Stuart, Yes that is the trip we are doing.
  • My wife (Laurie) and I are on the trip as well. We are from Buffalo Grove, Illinois--- a suburb of Chicago. We arrrive in Switzerland on 8/7. We are driving around the country for 4 days and expect to arrive in Bern early on the afternoon of the 11th. We look forward to meeting you.
  • My wife (Carol) and I arrive in Bern on the 10th of August and are using the complimentry night prior to the tour. We are from Perth Western Australia. We have an additional night in Amsterdam at the end of the tour then head to Paris for 4 nights and then on to London for a week, before we hire a car and drive around the UK for about 3 weeks and then head home.. We look forward to meeting you also..
  • Awesome- We are also spending an additional night in Amsterdam. Sounds like you have an unbelievable trip lined up. We were in Paris and Belgium (4 cities) last summer. You listed your wife's name but what is your name? See you in a few weeks.
  • Sorry Stuart my name is Steve.
  • Thanks Steve. You can reach me at skesslerpc@gmail.com
  • Steve- left you my email address in case you and Carol want to meet up with us on Friday afternoon at all before the reception. I think we will get to Bern around lunchtime or shortly thereafter. See you in a couple weeks.
  • Stuart, will email you my mobile number so you can contact me when you arrive. I am away at work at the moment and the SIM I am taking is at home. I will be home this Thursday, so I will email you our details then.
  • Perfect Steve! We are leaving Chicago next Sunday for Zurich.
  • Stuart, You can also contact me at my email address- stevecrowe24@gmail.com See you soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file