November 2017

I know this is a long way off, but my husband and I will be joining the November 4, 2017 tour group and we were wondering if anyone out there has signed up yet. We are from Maryland and would love to hear from you!

Comments

• Hello Donalan, if you look at your tour page and go to the pricing and availability tab, and then for your date, you will see it is still a white color. Once it turns yellow, as a rough guide it's going to be at least half full. Once it is pink, it is sold out. Whether anyone else who books your tour will use the forum or even know that their is a forum is debatable.
  • Hi Donalan - Well, there are at least two couples signed up for the Best of Hawaii tour on 4 November 2017 -- you and us :-) Actually, we were told by the reservations people that the tour was about half full when we booked last week.

We had been thinking about a fall vacation for some time and this one seemed to fit the bill. I have never been to Hawaii and my wife was there over 40 years ago. Really looking forward to it. We signed up for both helicopter excursions -- expensive, but this may be our only chance, so why not.

Look forward to talking with you.

Mike

P.S. We're from Florida. Moved here 14 years ago from Annapolis.

• Aloha. Just returned from this trip which began on February 13. It was just wonderful and we really enjoyed our Tour Director, Minna. The helicopter over the volcanoes was amazing. We saw surface flows, lava tube breakouts, steam vents, and lava pouring into the sea. If you can take an extra day or two in Maui, we highly recommend the Road to Hana trip. We used Temptation Tours and did their Sky Trek: one way in a six seat van and the other way by helicopter. Our 50th state is quite incredible. Ed & Vicki
  • edited June 2017
    Hi Donalan - Well, there are at least two couples signed up for the Best of Hawaii tour on 4 November 2017 -- you and us :-) Actually, we were told by the reservations people that the tour was about half full when we booked last week.

We had been thinking about a fall vacation for some time and this one seemed to fit the bill. I have never been to Hawaii and my wife was there over 40 years ago. Really looking forward to it. We signed up for both helicopter excursions -- expensive, but this may be our only chance, so why not.

Look forward to talking with you.

Mike

P.S. We're from Florida. Moved here 14 years ago from Annapolis.

Well, glad to meet you. Our agent told us it would fill up quickly, so we signed up early also! My husband has been to Hawaii.....but about 40 years ago! We have also signed up for a helicopter trip...only one though. The shorter one. We live in Maryland, but have family in Florida. Actually we had a condo for a few years ago down there, but sold it. We prefer to travel. I have good friends in Annapolis!
    We are coming in on the 3rd (as they gave us a "gift of time" for being a previous client)....a nice treat.

Donna

PS/Let's keep in touch!
  • Donalan wrote:
    Well, glad to meet you. Our agent told us it would fill up quickly, so we signed up early also! My husband has been to Hawaii.....but about 40 years ago! We have also signed up for a helicopter trip...only one though. The shorter one. We live in Maryland, but have family in Florida. Actually we had a condo for a few years ago down there, but sold it. We prefer to travel. I have good friends in Annapolis!
    We are coming in on the 3rd (as they gave us a "gift of time" for being a previous client)....a nice treat.

Donna

PS/Let's keep in touch!

Hi Donna - We also chose the pre-trip Gift of Time in Honolulu. It's a long flight from Tampa so I'm sure we will appreciate the opportunity to rest up before actually beginning the tour.

We're making up for lost time in the travel department while we still have our heath. You never know . . . .

I did a solo trip to Galapagos in February and the two of us just returned from a wonderful two-week cruise in Norway, so the Hawai'i vacation should satisfy us for this year.

Yes, let's keep in touch. Look forward to meeting you.

Mike
  • Hi Mike,
    I know what you mean by "still have our health"! I just came back from visiting grandsons in El Cerrito, CA. I also have one in Switzerland, so we also try and do some traveling. We were on a Danube river cruise in 2015....spent time in Prague and Budapest, then went to Switzerland to see my grandson and his mom.
    As of now, our flight is due to arrive in Honolulu at 1:00 pm. But you never know.......

Donna
  • Our flight is scheduled to arrive around 12:45, so we might end up sharing a transfer from the airport to the hotel.

It seems a long way off until November, but it probably will get here quicker than I realize. I'm pretty sure the final payment date is fast approaching. It's not a inexpensive trip, so that should make it seem very real.

• Our flight is scheduled to arrive around 12:45, so we might end up sharing a transfer from the airport to the hotel.

It seems a long way off until November, but it probably will get here quicker than I realize. I'm pretty sure the final payment date is fast approaching. It's not a inexpensive trip, so that should make it seem very real.

Yes, we most probably will share the transfer to the hotel....provided our flilghts are pretty much on time!
  • Hi Donna - We also chose the pre-trip Gift of Time in Honolulu. It's a long flight from Tampa so I'm sure we will appreciate the opportunity to rest up before actually beginning the tour.

We're making up for lost time in the travel department while we still have our heath. You never know . . . .

I did a solo trip to Galapagos in February and the two of us just returned from a wonderful two-week cruise in Norway, so the Hawai'i vacation should satisfy us for this year.

Yes, let's keep in touch. Look forward to meeting you.

Mike

What time is your flight due in to Honolulu? Ours is due around 1:00pm.

Turns out we do not arrive until around 3:45pm. I read it wrong.....we leave LAX at 1:00!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file