Options

BOTSWANA MOVIE

In case you missed it at the movies, HBO is showing the movie A United Kingdom on November 13th about the true story of the King of Botswana who met and married a British girl in 1947 and the prejudice and struggles that the couple endured. I think it's a good movie to watch to enhance a future visit to Botswana.

Comments

• Options
    Thank you...I have my DVR set to record it.
  • Options
    Hope you enjoy the movie. We are at our airport about to start our fifth trip to Africa, so excited!
  • Options
    Have a great time British!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!!!
  • Options
    We watched the movie tonight...thank you for recommending it...it was wonderful
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Hello, I am in Namibia right now, just woken up. Today we fly to the desert and sand dunes. This is a rival company, but Tauck does not go there any more. I miss Tauck, for those interested in Africa I will post a review for fun and just showing how superior and much better value Tauck is, because on the surface this tour seems so much cheaper than a Tauck tour would be, but it really is not, yet there are devoted travelers with the company, one couple having traveled over 20 times and the others not so far behind. We highly suspected these things would be the case by just reading between the lines of the itinerary but the pull of a new part of Africa to visit was too much to passs up. We are the virgins for a change.
  • Options
    Hi British,
    I will be very anxious to read your review...if I read between the lines of your post “ on the surface this tour seems so much cheaper than a Tauck tour would be, but it really is not...” you have hit the nail on the head about Tauck tours...no added on extras, except what is stated in the brochure ( i., e., helicopter/ hot air balloon rides). Before we took our first Tauck tour someone warned us about a company whose itinerary stated, “ see the Vatican...”. And then , once on the trip, “ oh, if you want to go inside the Vatican, that will be an additional $50. pp”! The idea of being nickeled and dimed to death while on the trip had absolutely no appeal to us.
    I have heard from so many people that Namibia is wonderful...hope you are having a wonderful trip!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I'm in the middle of planning and booking a different sort of trip, a Disney World stay and Disney Cruise for a family of 10. Boy, do I wish for the simplicity and inclusiveness of Tauck. All meals on the ship are included, but not so for WDW. And trying to figure out three cabins and decks with so many different sizes, styles, and choices, etc. is really a pain. We are starting over a year and a half out, even before departures and prices are released. But once they are released we must wait until the special categories of prior Disney travelers get their pick before we have an opportunity- I heard of people waiting on the phone for 4 to 5 hours for an agent. Needless to say, we are working through a TA, but even she doesn't get any priority. The ship stops at Disney's private island where food and some activities are free, but way too many things cost extra. I think I will be nickel and dimed to death by the time everything is said and done!
  • Options
    You are a brave man, Alan! This sounds like a wonderful family trip that will create a lifetime of memories for everyone!