China, the Yangtze River & Hong Kong Departure Date:October 04, 2018

Good Day everyone. Looking to see if there are any travelers out there going on the China, the Yangtze River & Hong Kong Departure Date:October 04, 2018. We will be flying in a day early and staying an additional day at the end.

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Did this trip last year. You are in for an amazing time. There will be plenty of activities for you to choose from with an extra day at both ends.
    FYI we went to the Summer Palace outside Beijing which was amazing. You can get a cab at your hotel (it is a half hour ride). When you leave the grounds of the Palace there are a gizzillion cabs waiting so don't worry about getting back.
    I strongly recommend that you keep a card from the hotel with you at all times. Most Chinese cab drivers speak little or no English but with the card they can read the name and address of your hotel.
  • menahelen wrote:
    Did this trip last year. You are in for an amazing time. There will be plenty of activities for you to choose from with an extra day at both ends.
    FYI we went to the Summer Palace outside Beijing which was amazing. You can get a cab at your hotel (it is a half hour ride). When you leave the grounds of the Palace there are a gizzillion cabs waiting so don't worry about getting back.
    I strongly recommend that you keep a card from the hotel with you at all times. Most Chinese cab drivers speak little or no English but with the card they can read the name and address of your hotel.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to this trip.
  • I will be on this tour along with 3 couples- so 5 of us are from Nashville,the other couple is from Texas. We are arriving a day early but most of us are flying home when the tour concludes.
    I have been to Hong Kong before so may venture out on my own via the amazing metro system there to do some shopping at the various markets rather then do the planned tour on our last full day(plan on buying a cheap small suitcase to bring back many inexpensive treasures.)
    We are a very warm, fun and friendly group and are very excited about this trip.
  • Jim
    Thanks for the post, we are looking forward to this trip and meeting your group.
  • I will also be arriving a day early but will be leaving after the tour is over. I will be traveling alone and look forward to meeting other travelers on this trip.
  • Frieda. We are looking forward to this adventure. See you there
  • edited August 2018
    How I would like to be in China. The dream of childhood is simple. Write necessarily about your impressions of the trip, and it will be exciting to know. By the way, if there are students who want to combine study with travel, there is an interesting proposal for you. I found a website https://paperleaf.ca/write-my-dissertation/ , he will help with the dissertation, writing essays, homework.
  • Hi we are 2 couples from 1,Mass and 1,Ct arriving a day early but leaving when the tour ends. Looking forward to meeting fellow travelers on this amazing trip.
  • Evie74 wrote:
    Hi we are 2 couples from 1,Mass and 1,Ct arriving a day early but leaving when the tour ends. Looking forward to meeting fellow travelers on this amazing trip.

Hi Evie
    Thanks fir the note less than 30 days to go.
  • Please let me know how you like the Yangtze trip that you are going on in October 2018. Hubby and I are going on same trip in April 2019
  • Hi, I am Sari from Seattle, and I will be traveling with my good friend Marilyn from San Francisco.
    We are fun and love to meet new people. We both will arrive a day early and stay a day after.
    Can’t wait for out new adventure.
    All Travel safe and see you soon.
  • Sandstorm wrote:
    Please let me know how you like the Yangtze trip that you are going on in October 2018. Hubby and I are going on same trip in April 2019

I truly hope you are working on your Visa's now. We used the Tauck service and it presented challenges.
  • SariSichel wrote:
    Hi, I am Sari from Seattle, and I will be traveling with my good friend Marilyn from San Francisco.
    We are fun and love to meet new people. We both will arrive a day early and stay a day after.
    Can’t wait for out new adventure.
    All Travel safe and see you soon.
    Sari Welcome aboard..
  • Marvin, what were the visa challenges? We take this tour next year, we come back from a tour and then just have about five weeks before we go to China so can’t get visas any earlier. But please post a review of the tour when you return
  • I truly hope you are working on your Visa's now. We used the Tauck service and it presented challenges.

Thanks for that info. We have decided to go locally with processing our paperwork for the visas
  • Hi Everyone, I hope you all have an amazing trip!! My husband and I are leaving for the exact same trip October 24, 2018. As our trips overlap, I'm sure you wont be able to post any exciting news, but ENJOY!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file