Options

Africa 2018 -- A Video of Kenya-Tanzania

I just received copyright permission for the music for this video, so for those of you that have not seen it, it's a 15 minute video of our K-T February trip, including some video clips.

Doug

https://iluv2fly.smugmug.com/Africa-Video-ver-JG/i-jq7nnj7/A

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Doesn't play reliably, at least not on a Window7 machine- just got the sleeping lion the first time. Second time it played.
  • Options
    Thanks Alan. Glad the link worked at all. Seems to play on my Mac. Guess if it played for you the second time, the upload itself was all right.

Doug
  • Options
    It played perfectly on my iPad.
  • Options
    Alan,
    The trip is turning into a cherished memory at this point in time. That's actually why I make these videos. It helps me recall things like how wonderfully the giraffes move, and how gracious the Masai were.

Doug
  • Options
    douglassue wrote:
    Alan,
    The trip is turning into a cherished memory at this point in time. That's actually why I make these videos. It helps me recall things like how wonderfully the giraffes move, and how gracious the Masai were.

Doug

K&T is still our favorite! It is amazing how many of your setups match so close to what I shot in 2015! It was like you took a photo then moved out of the way for me and visa versa! It may not seem like it, but the guides probably have the game drive routes and photo stops fine tuned! I know it will be different, but I can't wait for Botswana, SA, and Zambia next year! I am already doing some serious planning.

• Options
    Spectacular!! Thank you!
  • Options
    Thank you, Delaware! Alan, you are probably right. I think about how dressed up the Masai have to get for our visit, while kids in the background are in rags. There's the image of the fire-making, but if you look closely, the pre-drilled holes for the sticks look like they were made with a Ryobi! LOL.

Doug
  • Options
    AlanS wrote:
    K&T is still our favorite! It is amazing how many of your setups match so close to what I shot in 2015! It was like you took a photo then moved out of the way for me and visa versa! It may not seem like it, but the guides probably have the game drive routes and photo stops fine tuned! I know it will be different, but I can't wait for Botswana, SA, and Zambia next year! I am already doing some serious planning.

Yup. We start our return trip to K&T in 53 days 2 hours and 24 minutes ... but who’s counting? (;-). You will love the South Africa trip as well. The camps are spectacular. Camp Kalahari is a little ‘bush’, but nice. Some of the women were upset with not having hair dryers, but it was a fun place. The trip has a little less safari, and a little more touring, but we enjoyed it immensely. We probably like Botswana best of the countries we have visited, but there are parts of the SA trip that we don’t need to do twice. Actually, there are one or two things in the K&T trip we will probably skip since they cut the Mt. Kenya Safari Club down to two nights. We will probably go horseback riding and skip one of the tours.
  • Options
    Thanks for the memories. We took this trip in 2015 and it was wonderful to re-live everything!

Susan
  • Options
    Thanks Douglassue. Really enjoyed watching the video.
  • Options
    Douglassue. Nice video. Thanks for posting. :-).
  • Options
    Thank you all very much for watching and commenting -- motivates me to improve my image-making. I'm doing a dude ranch, City Slickers style this month -- wrangling horses at dawn -- so the photographic challenge will be somewhat different.

But my hopes are that my Africa video will encourage you to have fun with your own image-making and give you some ideas about that.

Best wishes,

Doug

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file