Casa Mila - La Pedrera

My wife and i will be taking the Paradors of Northern Spain trip starting June 22, 2018. We are arriving the day before & wanted to know if this is worth seeing. Should we get the timed tickets prior to arriving in Barcelona?
Also if there are any other suggestions for us to see in Barcelona on the day our tour begins.
Is Park Quell near the hotel & is it a good choice since we will not have that much time before the trip starts.
Many thanks.

Comments

• I've been to Barcelona, but not with Tauck. IMO, both La Pedrera and Parc Guell are highlights of the city and are must sees. Suggest you use google maps to see distances. We walked to the Parc from La Rambla area, and as I recall it took about 45 minutes and was up hill most of the way.
  • My wife and i will be taking the Paradors of Northern Spain trip starting June 22, 2018. We are arriving the day before & wanted to know if this is worth seeing. Should we get the timed tickets prior to arriving in Barcelona?
    Also if there are any other suggestions for us to see in Barcelona on the day our tour begins.
    Is Park Quell near the hotel & is it a good choice since we will not have that much time before the trip starts.
    Many thanks.

We just returned from the Week in Spain tour (same hotel). We arrived the day before the tour started. We went to Park Quell (def a cab ride, approx $20 from hotel), Casa Mila/La Pedrera (can walk), and the Picasso Museum (can walk) on our own. All are VERY worthwhile. Strongly suggest you purchase tickets online before your trip for all places. Purchased a 1 hour guided tour for Park Quell from the official website, very interesting. Used audioguides for the other places of interest. Also, you can walk over to the Bouqueria - fun market near the hotel.
  • We recently returned from the Spain and Portugal trip and we LOVED Barcelona. I would definitely recommend spending the time in Park Güell. The gardens and grounds and art is amazing. The views are fantastic, too. I would buy the advanced tickets because it is very crowded. We viewed the Casa Mila from the outside since the tickets were very expensive. I would suggest buying advance tickets to Sagrada Família. You can buy a higher rate ticket - not much higher, maybe 5 euros, and you can climb through the towers at sunset for amazing views. The Picasso Museum was nice and not crowded. Enjoy your travels!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file