Options

Pre trip excursions prior to the Tanzania & Zanzibar Tour?

Does anyone have a suggestions for pre trip excursions prior to the Tanzania/ Zanzibar Tour departing from Arusha? Is Mount Kilimanjaro an option?

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Options
    I would recommend Arusha National Park as the best option.
    How many days early are you arriving?
    The Tauck Bridges tour has a Hike by Kilimanjaro although they stay at a different hotel but maybe a call to Tauck they might be able to tell you what is involved in that, how long it takes, how fit you need to be and who they use locally. I do hope you mean just a leisurely hike, because Kilimanjaro is a very tough mountain to climb and unless you are arriving a good time before and are very experienced it is not really an option. I know people of my son’s age who are climbers and they made it to the top, but when they returned to England they were totally exhausted and slept for days.
  • Options
    British,

thanks for your reply and suggestions. The Kilimanjaro hike sounds too demanding for us, but the notion of visiting Mt Kilimanjaro has appeal.
  • Options
    I think you will find the options available at the Serena Arusha hotel to be quite appealing. After traveling for twenty hours you will need some rest. The activity level is sufficient to cause you to get home feeling like you need a vacation, if you don’t get rested up before the start. (;-)
  • Options
    Sealord wrote:
    I think you will find the options available at the Serena Arusha hotel to be quite appealing. After traveling for twenty hours you will need some rest. The activity level is sufficient to cause you to get home feeling like you need a vacation, if you don’t get rested up before the start. (;-)

Sealord, you and I know you are totally correct but some people don’t understand that long journey, I have done it both coach and business class, it makes no differemce to how tired you feel.
    Greenleaf, if you are arrivimg several days ahead of the tour start, you can do some of these suggestions beforehand, but don’t pre book, see how you feel.
  • Options
    Sealord and British,

Thanks for your helpful comments to take it easy immediately post our arrival.

Greenleaf

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file