Options

Linz To Cesky Krumlov

Look's like this trip will take about 1 1/2 hours each way. How much time will that give us in the beautiful town? Figure at least 1 hour for the tour? I think there should be some estimates for these options in our booklet. Anyway we are hoping for at least 3-4 hours to see the town on our own and have a quick bit in a local restaurant to meet the locals. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    chocobill wrote:
    Look's like this trip will take about 1 1/2 hours each way. How much time will that give us in the beautiful town? Figure at least 1 hour for the tour? I think there should be some estimates for these options in our booklet. Anyway we are hoping for at least 3-4 hours to see the town on our own and have a quick bit in a local restaurant to meet the locals. Thanks

We did Cesky on our own before our east-bound Blue Danube this past April. When researching the tour, etc. I told a Tauck TD friend (she worked the Blue Danube for a few years) about our plans for a 10 hr excursion to CK- longer (2.5 - 3 hrs) drives to and from Prague, standard castle tour (1 hr. (CK website says 55 min.)) and about 2.5 - 3 hours walking tour of town with our PragueWalker guide. She said my plan would give us more time there than the normal Tauck excursion option. We were still short on time so elected to skip lunch (on the bus ride home we ate what was left from the breakfast/lunch boxes we got from the hotel that morning).

We left Prague about 7:00 am and coincidentally arrived in CK at the exact same time as a Tauck bus from a west-bound Blue Danube! (You can't miss a bus with the Tauck mural!) They were gone long before we left to return to Prague. To do CK right you really need to spend a full day there so you can tour more of the castle (castle tour, baroque theater tour, etc.) and town.

It depends on the direction of your cruise and if you will arrive early or stay later, but you can spend more time in CK if you hire a driver and guide and visit on your own. We would have had a bit more time in CK if we didn't want to be back for the Welcome Dinner. See Salzburg with Tauck- it worked for me and my harem of seven ladies : )

IMG_8191r.jpg

IMG_8129r.jpg
  • Options
    chocobill wrote:

We did the Cesky Krumlov option on our Blue Danube trip. Yes, it is about 1 1/2 hours each way, depending on traffic. As I recall, the tour was about an hour or maybe 90 minutes. We then had lunch on our own and at least another 2 hours in town to explore. It's a very compact town, so easy to do. We loved Cesky Krumlov! Definitely a highlight of our trip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file