Toilet Breaks

How frequently are toilet breaks when out on safari?

Comments

• There are no toilet breaks, but if you need to go you tell the driver you need to check the tires and if it safe he will stop and guard you while you go behind the vehicle and everyone looks the other way. You are generally only out for a couple of hours at a time so the majority of people are ok. I generally maybe have done this once per Safari vacation. It's never a problem for anyone and just be sure to always have toilet paper or tissues with you.
  • The game drives only last about 3 to 4 hours at the most;the longer game drives are specially if you watch something special.Some drivers have a sanitation bags to give you if you need to go in the bush;best to carry some tissue as well as a hand sanitizer with you.Better still you can somewhat limit your fluid intake particularly caffeine containing drinks;just take sips to quench your thirst.I managed without using the bush.Most of us have big bladder capacity;most of us can tolerate being on the dry side!
  • sudhamali wrote:
    The game drives only last about 3 to 4 hours at the most;the longer game drives are specially if you watch something special.Some drivers have a sanitation bags to give you if you need to go in the bush;best to carry some tissue as well as a hand sanitizer with you.Better still you can somewhat limit your fluid intake particularly caffeine containing drinks;just take sips to quench your thirst.I managed without using the bush.Most of us have big bladder capacity;most of us can tolerate being on the dry side!

The last thing you want to do is limit your fluid intake on this tour you don't want to dehydrate, it's dangerous in such an isolated place.
  • Sorry I did not make myself clear.My comments about limiting fluids particularly Caffeinated drinks apply to prior to leaving on the game drives.Agree with British about avoiding dehydration.
  • Sheesh, what a comment! Maybe "most of" the younger men do, but what about women? And older men? Retired people happen to be among the groups who travel most (they have the time, and the money). I'm assuming people can just squat behind the truck when needed, and you guys, who are so proud of your big bladders, can pretend not to notice.
    sudhamali wrote:
    Most of us have big bladder capacity;most of us can tolerate being on the dry side!
  • I had posted after our June trip. On almost all of the game drives we stopped in a safe area after around 2.5 hours for a break which often included something to drink and a small snack. Generally the guide would designate one area the "mens room" and an area with more trees the "ladies room". The guides had toilet tissue, small paper bags and hand sanitizer. We brought a small package of "baby wipes"with us and our fellow travelers were very appreciative to use those. As British has said if you really have to go other than these stops, if you let the driver know they will stop at a safe place for you.