Self Drive or Guided tour?

I am planning to have fun in Grand Canyon. Will love to spend time at west Rim. will enjoy hiking, sunrise, and many other things to do. Hope spending time there will be a great idea for me. Will stay at Hualapai Ranch. Here I am keen to read should plan a self drive toward it or should go with guided tour to enjoy fully? Can say all freely.

Comments

• Alin wrote:
    I am planning to have fun in Grand Canyon. Will love to spend time at west Rim. will enjoy hiking, sunrise, and many other things to do. Hope spending time there will be a great idea for me. Will stay at Hualapai Ranch. Here I am keen to read should plan a self drive toward it or should go with guided tour to enjoy fully? Can say all freely.

Another spammer!
  • He might be a spammer but Tauck forum police will say the person is not breaking any Tauck rules or guidelines
  • British wrote:
    He might be a spammer but Tauck forum police will say the person is not breaking any Tauck rules or guidelines

And I don’t believe I am breaking any rules by identifying him/her as such.
  • Alin wrote:

This guy is proably a spammer promoting Hualapai Ranch. Others should be aware that Hualapai Ranch is not what most people consider "the Grand Canyon." While it is along the western edge of the last part of Grand Canyon ("Grand Canyon West"), it would take you most of a day to drive from there to the Grand Canyon National park. I believe that the ranch is run by the Hualapai tribe, who also run the nearby Grand Canyon Skywalk, a glass walkway that extends out over the rim. This is a known tourist trap. Currently $67 to walk out on the walkway.
  • I was going through this Forum and I got inspired to go for a solo trip. And this thread gave me a good idea to what to choose and what not. I am looking forward to visiting new new destinations the coming year, and most of them will be solo.
  • take your pick, you can't go wrong with tauck. one piece of advise always check activity level for your ability