How many Tauck Trips have you taken?

We have been on five TAUCK TOURS, but I bet there is someone out there with over 100 TAUCK TRIPS>>>>>>
Would love to hear from you!

2008 - The Best of Hawaii (small group)
2013 - Botswana, South Africa & Zambia
2015 - Cruising the Galapagos Islands on the Isabella 2
2016 - Grand Alaska with Princess Cruises
2019 - Adriatic Treasures:Croatia to Venice

Comments

• We came across someone who was on her 39th tour this year. We have lost count but it is not that many. When we were still counting, Tauck’s records seem to think we had done a couple less than we know we had taken, so now we don’t keep counting. I wish the Tour Directors would not announce how many tours each person has taken at the Welcome dinners, I consider that a breach of privacy, it should be up to the person to tell people how many tours they have taken, otherwise people make often incorrect assumptions about you.
  • Have taken 4.am interested in the Zambia Botswana South Africa tour .does anyone know if you need a proof of yellow fever vaccination to enter South Africa on this tour.
  • This subject has been beaten to death here, but since you are apparently new to the site I will try to give you what I think is the best answer. It can take a long time to find a yellow fever shot, and the requirements can change quickly. Talk to your doctor, and either get a letter that says you should not get the vaccine, or get the vaccine. We have been there three times, and it was never a ‘posted’ requirement, but they did ask for proof of vaccination on one trip. You don’t want to get there, and then discover you have a problem. There are a number of places where this vaccination is required, and it is good a long time. I think I now have vaccinations that will keep me ‘good’ for the rest of my life. So that box is checked. Oh. Ok. Flu once a year. (;-)
  • edited November 2018
    Don’t forget there is a new Shingles vaccine out there that we should all have, a course of two, we got our second one a couple of months ago. Tetanus every ten years. Etc etc
  • British wrote:
    I wish the Tour Directors would not announce how many tours each person has taken at the Welcome dinners, I consider that a breach of privacy, it should be up to the person to tell people how many tours they have taken, otherwise people make often incorrect assumptions about you.

That's an interesting perspective I've never considered.

I know you've been on many more than me...I've only been on 11 tours (12th coming in December and 13th next fall) and none of the tour directors have actually said how many trips people had taken. They usually asked people to raise their hands if they had been on a certain number, and I assume if someone didn't want people to know, they just would never raise their hand.

I'm the exact opposite. I'll never forget my first tour when my Mom and I were surprised to see how many people had been on many more. At that point my goal was to get to 10 so I'm happy that I finally did it.

At any rate, I've only toured with Tauck and it's to their credit that they have so many repeat customers. ????
  • Tauck is a very special experience. We are doing Portugal and Spain in July aboard Windstar’s Wind Surf, on which we have cruised seven times. I’m sure I could have saved a lot of money if I booked it directly with Windstar (independently), but I know the Tauck treatment will be totally different than what I could put together. Besides, I’ve been to Portugal and Spain before, and I really want to see how Tauck does it. I have read reviews by people who have gotten upset because they got on board, and discover other passengers who paid a lot less than Tauck people. I was a docent on the USS Hornet Museum for many years. You could go aboard on your own and see most of the ship’s open spaces, but if you went around the ship with me, it was a totally different experience. (;-)
  • I have done both Tauck land tours of Portugal and Spain, north and south. Both were wonderful. Beautiful people, food, wine, and scenery. A great experience. :-)
  • Sealord wrote:
    I’m sure I could have saved a lot of money if I booked it directly with Windstar (independently), but I know the Tauck treatment will be totally different than what I could put together. Besides, I’ve been to Portugal and Spain before, and I really want to see how Tauck does it. (;-)

Not sure that you'd really save money. When we did a Windstar years ago with Tauck, I looked at the shore excursion costs. I came to the conclusion that a Windstar cruise booked directly was more expensive when you added in shore excursions and meals on land. Of course, you could look for cheaper on shore experiences than those offered by Windstar. But I agree, Tauck is the way to go. Another bonus, when we were on the Windstar, Tauck passenger always got off the boat first, much to the chagrin of the other passengers.
  • We’ve been on several and classify each as a trip of a lifetime:
    Classic Italy
    A Week in Paris and Provence
    Treasures of the Aegean
    Grand Australia and New Zealand
    Canadian Maritime Provinces

Scheduled with great anticipation of two more awesome trips:
    Peru and the Galápagos Islands (April-May 2019)
    Kenya and Tanzania Classic Safari (August 2020)

We have never been disappointed with a Tauck Tour.
  • I have completed 20 trips with Tauck and only one (Italian Lakes) was disappointing - not because of the itinerary but we had a burned out TD. I plan three trips this year (Naples/Amalfi Coast, Adriatic Treasues, and Kenya/Rwanda). Hope next year to do Danube cruise/Oberammergau and Bali.
  • RosewoodJo, before both my bad knees gave out with too much pain in Dec. 2018, I had done 41 Tauck tours (4 of them riverboat and 5 of them Events) and I loved all of them (U.S.A., Canada, Europe). :-)
  • tomh: WOW, and kudos to you. I retired two years ago and am trying to cram in as much travel as possible each year (with Tauck and other providers) now while my health is still good. I know that can become a factor any day and don’t want to have regrets about what I didn’t do when I had a chance. Hope you have found a way to enjoy the wonders of the world that works for your situation (maybe just revisiting your memories!).
  • smarks50: In Feb. 2012, I was on Tauck's "Winter in Yellowstone" tour and loved it. More importantly, by going on that tour, Tauck put me in a position to do two things on my own that I never would have done without going on that tour. A day before the tour began, I was able to help "mush" a 14 dogsled team with a guide all day long throughout Montana's Absaroka Mountains. At the end of the Tauck tour in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, I passed on going with Tauck to snowshoe trek the Grand Teton Mountains in order to join with 7 other folks, each with our own snowmobile, to snowmobile 100 miles throughout Yellowstone (half of the time in a blizzard! LOL. :-) ) all day long. These were amazing experiences that I will always treasure thanks to Tauck and my travels with that wonderful company. :-)