Do the bathrooms on ms Savor have hair dryers?

Read through the green book and searched this site. I cannot find a confirmation to my question. Thx in advance.

Comments

• Thx, British.

• To find the info on the website, go to your tour, then Pricing & Availability. Once you select a date(any date will do) a list of the various staterooms will pop up. Chose your stateroom category and it'll show photos and a description of the room. You can also get a more general description if you go to tours, river cruises then fleet. Chose your ship and it will give you info on it.

• I think the only place we’ve been with Tauck that did not have hair dryers was Camp Kalahari. The electricity, when they had it, could not power a hair dryer anyway. I suppose you could sit real close to the kerosene lamp.

• Sealord, 1:28PM. I think the only place we’ve been with Tauck that did not have hair dryers was Camp Kalahari. The electricity, when they had it, could not power a hair dryer anyway. I suppose you could sit real close to the kerosene lamp.

Progress at Camp Kalahari- the kerosene lamps are gone- replaced by two bare electric bulbs on a pendants, one in the sleeping area and one in the bath. :D

• Yup. We had that the first night. The second night the ‘solar’ system had failed, and we had kerosene lamps. Eloise was sick that day, and discovered that she was totally alone in the camp until well after dark. ‘In the jungle, the mighty jungle (desert), the lion sleeps tonight.’

• According to the website - look under your cruise, then under the ship, then under "View Cabin Categories" - category 3, 5, 6, and 7 have hair driers. I don't know whether the other categories actually don't or it was just left off the page.

• edited August 2019

I think it’s probably left off the page. We recently returned from a river cruise. According to the info on cabins, there should only have been coffee machines in category 7 rooms. We were in 6, but had one. We never used it. We never need coffee or tea before breakfast.
    I found this just now on the description of the boat. So it’s easy to find
    ‘Cabin beds are fitted with 400-thread satin bed linen, mako cotton pillows, 100% cotton blankets and thick pillow top mattresses. A variety of Tauck-exclusive Molton Brown bath products are provided along with terry cloth robes, towels and hair dryers’

• Yes, I went back after Claudia’s post and found the information I needed. Thank you all for your responses.

• We had a coffee maker in our Cat 3 room as well. But, No iron and ironing board like in the Cat 7.

• If I ever wanted to iron something on vacation, Mr B would go crazy. I’m an ironing crazy person who would iron anything but I don’t take anything on vacation that requires ironing 🤪🤪

• The descriptions used to be fairly accurate but when the new ships (Inspire, Savor, etc) came on line they were missing info on the descriptions and the same when the older line started being remodeled. Not sure where the disconnect is between Tauck and Scylla. Not a high priority item.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file