Options

Warsaw, Budapest 9/21/19 anyone? Cooking Class? Music?

We arrive early in Warsaw for tour beginning 9/21/19, and stay later in Prague (lucky me!) and have booked an evening with the Czech Symphony and a day trip to Kutna Hora. We always look for music opportunities when we can, and for once I'm thinking about a cooking class. Appreciate any suggestions Tauck travelers can offer. And if you're on the same adventure with us, please give a shout out! Thanks~

Comments

• Options

We did a cooking class in Warsaw a couple of years ago before the Tauck tour, found it on Trip advisor. It was in an old communist era building. Given very good instructions to get there within walking distance of the hotel. We began with a breakfast of apple pancakes. There was a huge plate of cold cuts and cheeses and a vodka tasting. Then we all made and tasted pierogis, we got aprons and certificates, it was one of the highlights of the trip.the Welcome dinner consisted of a Vodka tasting so don't overindulge on the Vodka or your new travel companions may think you are crazy before the tour begins

• Options

Hi I actually saw your comment about the cooking class, which I think is where I got that thought, but was looking at doing it in Prague. Will check our times in Warsaw. And good reminder about the vodka. As they say, "Na zdravi! "

• Options

Hello mazalea - my husband and I are also on the 9/21/19 Warsaw, Budapest etc tour. We arrive 2 days early and have not yet booked any activities pre-tour. We have one extra day in Prague at the end of the tour and have not booked anything for there either. I am finally getting around to seriously looking, had seen British' recommendation of a cooking class when i had reviewed this forum a couple of months ago. So glad I saw your post - look forward to meeting you in Warsaw!

• Options

A friend and I are on the 9/25 Warsaw, Budapest, etc. tour. I have been on the Danube river cruise 2x visiting the same cities, except Poland. In Prague there is a marionette theater that does a Mozart opera "Don Giovani" that is close to the Old Towne Square. We have booked it online. Can't be bad. 8-10pm, around $25 USD. A day trip to Czesky Krumlov is well worth the time. Very picturesque village (have your camera ready)and most livable castle I have ever seen. It has Hapsburg connections. There are wonderful paintings on the ball room walls. Great gingerbread shop, also.
    There are bus tours from Prague to CK that are reasonable and well worth the money. Nice countryside to see as well. My friend has never been in Europe, so I highly suggested this tour package, even though I have been there twice.

• Options

Can't help you on foodie tours in Prague, but we found a great one in Budapest. Never searched for a cooking class. I already cook very similar. LOL

• Options

We're going to the Czech Philharmonic because we are extending a few days in Prague and turns out it is the season opener. Usually I know that my standard black is OK wherever, but I think the Czechs are quite serious about there music and really 'dress.' Anyone been?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file