Seattle Space Needle

We are going on this trip in August (8/4 departure) and plan to go up in the space needle in our free time. We don't want to book this if Tauck intends to take us up as part of our itinerary. Could anyone confirm whether or not this will be part of our package?

Comments

• Gardenlover, We are on the same trip and have this question also. Today are views limited at the top?
    From Florida and looking forward to this trip with cooler weather.
  • I went on this trip a few years ago. At that time, Tauck took us to the Space Needle for the included dinner in Seattle. It was a pretty darn nice dinner. I seem to recall that you can walk 360 around and views were only an issue with weather coming in. After dinner, my dining companions and I all wanted to see the Dale Chihuly Glass garden and museum next door. It is adjacent to Space Needle-- so it literally only steps away. We toured both and found our way back to Westin hotel via monorail. Quite easy. You can get an idea of what you would see from the Chihuly website, and by your username of gardenlover, there is quite a garden to see where he has intermixed his glass pieces in a garden.

That being said, I know Tauck changes things up. I seem to recall that the fact we were having dinner at the Space Needle was in our spiral book that you get before the trip. If this is important to you and you are doing your advance planning, I would call Tauck and ask. Their staff has always been able to help me with this type of question.

This was a great tour and all the cities have so much to see and fun things to do. Butchart Gardens is heavenly!
  • Looks like restaurant is still under renovation, but you can go to the top--that's why I'd like someone from Tauck to respond so we can plan accordingly.
  • We also took this Tauck tour several years ago and had the included meal at the Needle. It looks as if part of the observation deck is also closed for renovation. I have been to Seattle independantly also. Don’t miss the Dale Chihuly museum, the Experience Music Museum and the Bill Gates center all right next to each other. We also loved Portland. There is a great weekend market there where you can get Pigs ears and crafts etc.
  • Looks like restaurant is still under renovation, but you can go to the top--that's why I'd like someone from Tauck to respond so we can plan accordingly.

Reading the itinerary it doesn't look like it although you'd have time on day 4 to do it on your own. If you want an answer from Tauck you need to call them direct. They don't generally read and respond to that sort of question here.
  • We went on this tour this spring and the Space Needle was NOT included. To really see Seattle we booked two extra nights up front. Can't say I was as thrilled with this trip, especially the hotels, but the flight from Victoria to Vancouver was great!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file