Options

Floods in Venice

Link to BBC news article about the current floods in Venice. It looks catastrophic. How does Tauck navigate this situation?

https://bbc.com/news/world-europe-50401308

Comments

• Options

Does Tauck go to Venice at this time of year?

• Options

There is a "Week in Venice, Florence and Rome" tour leaving on Nov. 17th - and another on Dec. 22nd.

• Options

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to let you all know that Tauck's Global Response Team and its members are monitoring the situation, and at this point, we don't anticipate that it should affect our ability to operate the tour on the November 17th departure. (Or the one on Dec 22nd either.)

At the present time, the hotel, airport, trains, water taxis and so forth are all running. There's a possibility that some of the museums and/or churches we plan to visit may not be available due to the cleanup (such as St. Mark's Basilica). If it's necessary, Tauck will ensure that alternate activities are arranged in the event that a planned visit to a location is not possible due to the flooding.

But basically, at the current time, we anticipate that the Venice, Florence, and Rome departure should go forward with minimal, if any, disruption. :)

As always, the safety and security of our guests is our highest priority.

If you have any questions, I invite you to call our Reservations team at the main Tauck number, 1-800-788-7885. I know they'll be happy to help in any way they can. :)

-Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file