Status of fires in Australia January 2020

My friends and I are leaving for Melbourne in 4 days. What is the air quality like there? The media in the US practically have the whole country on fire.

Comments

• edited January 2020

We are taking the Australia Adventure Jan 17. Anxious to know the same. Mixed messages between Tauck and media. Our itinerary has been changed due to fires on Kangaroo Island. Southern Ocean Lodge sustained damage. Too bad, that was a big highlight. No definitive answers yet. Waiting. Leaving for Sydney in 5 days....maybe.

• NancySacunas, January 2 in Spotlight on Australia, My friends and I are leaving for Melbourne in 4 days. What is the air quality like there? The media in the US practically have the whole country on fire.

Tauck doesn't monitor nor answer questions here. Since you are leaving soon, you'll need to check Australia's equivalent of the EPA or NWS.

• Donata, Assuming you still go, please let us know how your itinerary was affected. We have a deposit on a 2021 trip - a long way off so things may change. But like you, Kangaroo Island would be a highlight for us. Thank you - and hope you have a wonderful trip!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file