"Been There" Virtual Travel Quiz? Round #1
There has not been much activity on the forums lately, except for COVID-19 and the impact on our upcoming travels, and many of us aren't going anywhere, if at all (barely leaving our homes). So, I propose for those who are interested, that we engage in a Tauck travel related activity. I propose a little visually-based travel quiz-
What it is: A Taucktourian (I'll be the first) posts a photo or two taken during one of their Tauck tours. It is up to the rest of us to identify the location/and or object, its significance, and answer a supplemental question or two, if there are any.
Some rules: (Gotta have rules. If anyone has some suggested improvements to my idea please post them to this thread or send me a PM)
- Photo(s) must have been taken by the poster or spouse during a Tauck tour. Please, no commercial or internet photos allowed.
- Everyone is invited to guess- only one guess per family, per round.
- The original poster will acknowledge a correct guess.
- If there are no correct guesses and/or no correct answers to supplemental questions, after three days, the original poster will provide the answer(s), so each round doesn't run too long. Please be nice and resolve disputes over answers via PM.
- As the defacto administrator, I will start a new thread for Round #2 and all subsequent rounds once each original poster has acknowledged or provided the correct answers.
- To give everyone a shot, I'm asking the original poster to wait until six additional rounds have been completed before posting again- we'll see how this goes.
- If two submissions are made at nearly identical times, to prevent confusion I'll ask the second poster to delete and resubmit for the next round. I don't have forum ADMIN privileges so can't delete it for you (click on the gear at the top right corner of your post and select "delete"). I will attempt to ensure your submission is included in the next round- I'll ask for it in the first post of that round.
Please, let's not submit photos that are too esoteric or too lacking in informative details.
While I probably spend too much time on my computer, I don't live on this site, so please have some patience.
OK, clear as mud?
On to Round #1.
We visited the place where this tower is located several years ago during our very first Tauck tour. What is the place, where is it, and who lives there? The same tower looks a bit different in the second photo because it is just the top (not visible in first photo) and I took it from a greater distance through the bus window as we departed. What is the significance of what you are seeing in the second photo.
**Bonus question: ** What is this place visible from the first and it's significance to the who of the previous photos: