July 23, 2020 Blue Danube: Family Riverboat - Westbound

2»

Comments

• I agree we'll likely see healthscreenings, quick turn around tests, etc at airports. Hopefully at the US end before you've flown out.

I also have a vision of Tauck TDs handing out hand sanitizer bottles,masks, etc - with a Tauck logo?????? You can add them to your collection of neck straps, water bottles, green books, etc.

• Claudia - You could get a position with Tauck Marketing!

• edited April 2020

Claudia Sails
    2:44PM

I also have a vision of Tauck TDs handing out hand sanitizer bottles,masks, etc - with a Tauck logo?????? You can add them to your collection of neck straps, water bottles, green books, etc.

Hmm, gotta see if we have anything other than the duffle bags that has a Tauck logo on it. I made a copy of the logo for another project*, now I just need to find someone local with a printer that does T-shirts (and masks :D ) but I never got around to adding "Tauck" and "How You See the World Matters."

• A few years ago I suggested to Tauck that they issue lapel pins with their logo and Tauck and motto written in an arc. A few people thought it was a good idea but apparently didn't go anywhere with the company's senior leadership.
  • AlanS - Not only a master manipulator of the English language, but a poacher to boot!!! Everyone, guard your wallets!!

:D:D:D

• edited April 2020

Meanwhile on the Blue Danube.
    I wonder if they do this on the Family/Bridges trips?

• If this is the dinner in Vienna, then they did it on the Berlin, Danube, and Krakow tour.

• Yes ... that is Vienna.

• Sea lord - In your picture the gentleman in the blue shirt and tie in the left center of the picture reminds me of Mitch McConnell.

• Alan, you could also find someone with a computerized sewing machine and digitizing ability. If I stay in social distancing long enough I'm going to figure out how to use the new software and machine I bought before Christmas to do that.

• edited April 2020

Smiling SamSmiling Sam
    3:31PM
    Sea lord - In your picture the gentleman in the blue shirt and tie in the left center of the picture reminds me of Mitch McConnell.

I thought so also ... but he was not.

I was on a cruise once with Sam Waterston ... I was a Law and Order fan, but I did not ‘bother’ him.

I flew a ‘boat load’ of celebrities while working for AA, but I only talked with those who came to the cockpit to thank me for the trip ... other than Sharron Stone ... I accidentally locked her in the First Class lav so we got to be ‘friends’ when I let her out. She was very nice.

• Sea lord - I’m there with you for Sharon Stone!

• Was that a special geezer tour? :D

• Only people that have swam in the Dead Sea can participate in this discussion.

• YES ALAN. You know i am only a couple years older than thee ... it was a geezer tour. (;-)

• Pretty neat- a Ponant thing maybe? I was thinking of a similar style with Cloisonné Tauck greens.

• edited April 2020

Yup. I have a couple of those, but one came from the Wind Surf. We did not get them on Le Champlain on the Panama Canal trip, I think probably because it was a ‘full boat’ charter ... all Tauck. They are pretty cool cuz they are magnetic, so they do not pierce your clothes.

• We got them on the Venice and Dalmation Coast tour as well (albeit is hard to see on my collar in the picture). It wasn't a full Tauck boat.

• AlanS
    Call the airline. This wouldn't be the first time someone entered the wrong date for cancellations, etc. into a computer. I believe Delta put out a press announcement back in the early stages of this mess, but someone must have hit the wrong key for the wrong month. A few days later they published a retraction/correction.

You know that's not a bad point. The issue is literally speaking to someone. Mind you this was Easter weekend and a friend of mine in Austria told me that Austria is all but shut down for the holiday. I still was unable to reach anyone via 1. austrian air (automated prompts that direct you to check the web and then hang up on you) and 2. we booked through travelocity (and they won't even speak to you unless you are flying in the next 72 hours). I know it wasn't ideal to book through Travelocity - but it did give us the better deals for the flights (family of 4).

Ironically I was able to get a reply from Austrian Air on twitter. They asked for our booking code to take a deeper look at it. I'll let you know what I find out.

Interestingly the same friend I mentioned above had a trip planned to the New Hamshire in June (fights also on Austrian) and when he checked his flights it was all a mess. Needless to say he took a flight voucher and the annual family vacation they had planned is simply a no go they are worried over his parents advanced ages and COVID risks.

• Sealord
    I wonder if they do this on the Family/Bridges trips?

They do. We were looking forward to the "Imperial Evening at a private palace (Palais Pallavicini) in Vienna". We were even planning the kids attire for the night. It remains to be seen if we'll be doing this in 2020 or 2021 or later.

• That’s great, whenever you get to do it. I thought it one of the highlights of the tour. I enjoyed it more than dinner ‘with’ the Prince. I’m wondering if Tauck would let you book a future available date with the option of cancelling if this year’s trip went as planned. I think they at least normally allow a ‘trip switch’. Our next trip is in September, but our boat is torn apart in a yard in Genoa ... I have no great confidence that the trip will operate as planned.

• FYI my in-laws received word via the travel travel agent that our trip has now been cancelled by Tauck. We're sad, but it was expected. On to 2021. I assume others in the late July travel dates will also be hearing soon even though the Tauck COVID updates on travel cancellations has not reflected this time period as of yet.

• edited February 2022

dogdoctor
    FYI my in-laws received word via the travel travel agent that our trip has now been cancelled by Tauck. We're sad, but it was expected.
    On to 2021. I assume others in the late July travel dates will also be hearing soon even though the Tauck COVID updates on travel
    cancellations has not reflected this time period as of yet.

LOL. My last post was on to 2021. And here we are on to 2022! Just have to square the airline reservations away. We still have our airline credits with Lufthansa to burn.

EDIT: oh and we changed our dates...July 6th Eastbound. We added a night stay at the Hotel Bayerischer Hof prior to departure and a night at the Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest at the end so we could just relax as a family and enjoy ourselves before having to head back to reality.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file