Yuletide Spirit: the Netherlands and Belgium

We've enjoyed past Christmas Markets cruises on both the Danube and Rhine and so were happy to see a new variant which will take us to Christmas Markets in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Judy (Ms. Portolan) and I (Scott aka Portolan) will be on the south bound, Amsterdam to Brussels, Yuletide Spirit river cruise departing 6 December 2020. We hope to meet some of you on what should be a great trip!

Comments

• Well, we're going to try this again on December 6th, 2022. Anybody else thinking that far ahead?

• Absolutely! I will be booking soon but not sure of the date yet. I need to coordinate with relatives in Denmark. The northbound tour works better for us.

• There are 6 of us booked on the December 6, 2022 trip.

• Considering doing this trip on the 27. Is this new? Has anyone ever been on this market cruise before? Would like to know others thoughts before booking. Any insight is appreciated.

• Angie / 2:44PM / Considering doing this trip on the 27. Is this new? Has anyone ever been on this market cruise before? Would like to know others thoughts before booking. Any insight is appreciated.

The Yuletide Spirit trip was new for December 2020. I booked it in early 2019 as soon as I found out about it because I had done both the Rhine and Danube Christmas Markets already and was excited for a new one. Unfortunately, 2020 was cancelled and it has not gone yet so there is no info on how it is. I'm booked on the December 20, 2021 trip (rescheduled from 2020). I got an email from Tauck saying it was going to go, but that was before the Delta variant took off and started wreckomg such havoc.

I'm in a waiting mode right now. I have a Seine river cruise scheduled in fall 2022, so if this one doesn't go in 2021, I'll wait until 2023.

• TravelCrazy & others - please post about this when you return. We've done the Danube Xmas Market Cruise twice and the Rhine one once - we are doing the Danube one again with friends Dec 2022 -- and we have friends who want to do the YuleTide one 2023 - the only date that works for our friends is Dec 20, 2023 - but that puts us there over Xmas - makes me wonder what will be open on 12/25 as seems most of EU closes on Xmas - do we 'miss' a day of tours, etc? Looking forward to your review - we've already paid deposit for Dec. 20, 2023 - flying into Cologne so they can see some German Xmas Markets, then train to Amsterdam for the cruise.

• I’m not sure if this trip took place in 2021 or was cancelled like many of the other Christmas Market cruises. We’re booked on the December 6 trip this year. Our itinerary includes a tour of Escher in the Palace in The Hague, which is only a few blocks from the Mauritshuis…Tauck is doing a “Live Event” on that museum today. I’m hoping they will allow time for us to visit it as well. If anyone took the trip in 2021, I’d appreciate knowing your experience. Perhaps if enough of us inquire, Tauck will consider adding this to the itinerary.

• Saw some of the Live event, love museums and this looked good but I found the presentation boring, unusual for me.

• Our family was on this trip in 2021. It was the one that sailed over Christmas. Unfortunately, the Netherlands closed down the day we flew in, so Tauck quickly rearranged our itinerary and we went to Germany and Belgium. It was still a great trip and we appreciated the Tauck team making it so special especially under the circumstances.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file