Options

packing for weather

Having a hard time while it is 99 degrees trying to decide the level of warmth needed. We arrive in Iceland July 5th. I try to travel light so do not want to overpack. There used to be reviews on the Tauck site of each trip which had useful information. So any packing tips will be appreciated including the dress required for the captains dinner.

Comments

• Options

Although it is suggested to dress up for the Captain’s dinner, it seems people do what they want, so it ran the gamut when we did the tour. We were at the actual Captains table, his wife was visiting so she was at the table in a nice dress, she was French after all. I probably had a nice dressy top and pants. I think there were two other couples, neither were particularly dressed up…..you don’t know whether you will be invited or not until you are on the tour. When comparing with others, it seems to be how many Tauck tours you have taken.

• Options

lol British so is the more tours you do the less you dress or the reverse? thanks for your reply.

• Options

When we went to Iceland it was also in July.It can be windy and cold ;it can also be raining.This varies from day today as well as place to place you tour.To be cold is miserable specially if you are outdoors sightseeing.I would recommend some head/ear covering for warmth as well as gloves.There is no place you can buy these things once you leave Rejkavik .It is better to have it with you.Layering for comfort as well as unpredictable weather which is the norm in Iceland.As far as dressing up for Captains dinner,this occasion is overrated;over the years of travel we have noticed this becoming more Smart casual than anything else.As British says anything goes .
    This trip is one of our favorites.You will love it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file