Per the State Dept. I've reconsidered my travel, I'm going.

The State Dept. recently raised Canada to Level 3 - "reconsider travel." So I looked at the COVID statistics for the maritime provinces (Nova Scotia, and PEI). Less than 250 active cases total and only 3 people hospitalized. Much safer than here in Vegas. So if I can make it there safely, I'm good. The high case loads seem to be in the plains provinces and to a lesser extent, British Columbia. Up to date information for Canada can be found at:
https://covid19tracker.ca/

Comments

• We changed our trip from Sicily to Canada!

• edited September 2021

Len. We took the PEI Nova Scotia tour a long time ago, hope you get Rob as your TD

• Everyone on our tour and on our ship was vaccinated. We were also tested twice … once to enter Italy, and once for re-entry to the U.S. We were free to roam as we wished on the pre and post cruise parts of the journey, and we did have some ‘free’ time during tours. Masks indoors, optional outdoors. The TD’s wore masks all the time, as did the crew on Le Bougainvaille. Five of us dined with the Captain one night and I don’t know if that was a random choice or by design, but everyone at the table had numerous Tauck tours. Our mascot was a “senior” citizen with thirty-one Tauck tours. She is a real trooper.

• My limited experience is that those with the most Tauck tours are those who get seated at the captain's table.

• Yes, I can attest to that. Been at the Captains’s table on both our small ship tours, better wine for sure!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file