Options

A Week in Puglia

We are on the 9/27 departure for this trip. Would love tips/comments from anyone who has been on this trip in 2021. Also, let me know if you will be on the tour with us!

Comments

• Options

The very first 2021 departure for A Week in Puglia doesn’t start until Sep 20. If and when you hear you’ll almost be on your way. British and a few other regulars have taken this tour pre-COVID.

• Options
    edited September 2021

We went on this tour when it was new. We also went in the Fall, and the temperatures were much higher than we had researched, so suggest a range of clothing incase you find the same.
    I just looked at your itinerary and it is very different then the four we took. You have far more free time. Tauck took us on a visit to a cheese factory where we watched the hand made process. We went to an artisan workshop where the typical white stone of the area was being carved by a passionate artist and another who made leather figures that had been made by the family for generations and we received a leather flower each. Those are some of the things that stand out as missing. There will be a review of my tour somewhere on the forum.
    Although I rarely think of the accommodations as being the most important part of Tauck tours, the hotel we pre stayed in and the final hotel was one of those fabulous and unique hotels that you never forget….but you are not staying there! The Borgo Egnasia. Famously where Justin Timberline got married and there was a wonderful indoor saltwater swimming pool.

• Options

We were scheduled for the September 8th, 2021 departure. Our understanding is that the tour went but we cancelled weeks ago after hearing about all the restrictions like requiring us to take a non-covid flight from Atlanta (instead of leaving directly for Europe from Dulles where we live), mandatory flight into Rome which we were not planning on doing, multiple multiple testing, and eating all the meals outside. We will reschedule in another year or two when all the dust settles.