New Mexico Oct 2021

My husband and I are going on the small group New Mexico trip starting Oct 4, 2021. Anyone out there to "meet" , and get to know beforehand? Any thoughts, suggestions, input? We live in South Florida.
Phyllis & Larry

Comments

• Oct is a wonderful time to visit my state. Mostly cool nights and sunny pleasant days. Occasional rain.

I assume you're staying at Hotel.Chaco which is an improvement over the resort they used to use. It's within walking distance of Old Town for shopping, restaurants, and a couple of museums. Also it's across from the Sawmill which is a new trendy food court.

Have a wonderful tour.

• phylfut,

You should definitely do the early morning viewing of the balloon festival. It is quite a sight to behold! I would also suggest taking the tram to the peak of the Sandia Mountains in Albuquerque if time permits.

In Santa Fe, strolling along Canyon Road is another must if you enjoy window shopping.

And the food...green and red chile, Navaho fry bread, sopaipillas, on and on...

Have a wonderful trip and please post about your experiences upon your return.

• Hi Phyllis! My husband and I are also scheduled for the small group New Mexico trip beginning Oct 4, 2021. We live in PA. I look forward to traveling with you.
    Lynne

• I am scheduled on he trip starting 1 October. Have been on many Tauck tours and excited about this one. Is anyone else on the trip?Mary Ellen

• Lynn, Thanks for touching base . We look forward to meeting you Oct 4
    Phyllis & Larry- South Florida

• Thanks all for the tips. Really helpful, some already on my list. Hubby eats chiles and hot food, I don't, so food will be a challenge. Having taken many Tauck trips, I'm pretty sure food wont be a problem.
    phylfut

• Phylfut, when in NM and they ask you Red or Green, ask them which is hotter (usually green). If too hot sour cream helps to mellow it. Every restaurant is different.

• We'll be on the Oct. 22, 2021 NM tour and greatly looking forward to seeing someplace other than home (even though it is beautiful in Oregon). Does anyone have an idea of what gratuities for the TD and driver usually are? I was thinking I'd read $10pp/pd, but not sure if that was for the driver or TD.
    When you want both red and green chile on your dish, ask for "Christmas" and you'll sound like a local! Yummm!

• Your "Green Book" covering the tour will include the recommended gratuities for TD and drivers.

• I am traveling on the 1 October trip....Is anyone else scheduled for this tour?...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file