difficulty

I am scheduled for the Provence trip next year. It is rated 4, for activity and 3, for pace. Has anyone done this trip that can tell me how trying the trip is. I just came back from Croatia rated 3, for activity and 2, for pace. It about did me in because of early mornings and hardly any down time. The trip was great but very busy. Thank you Margot

Comments

• edited October 2021

What’s the name of your trip, Cordillera? Or is it the land trip called Provence?

• I’ll drink to that, cordillera. You are so wise to check Tauck’s numbers and pack the immune boosters! We were all done in on Patagonia, activity 3/pace 4. Esp. when a cold started spreading through the group, thankfully late in the itinerary.

• It is the land trip.

• MarketaArt, thank you for the feed back.

• We did this tour several years ago in late May/early June. We loved it and I would not have thought it was a level 4. All of the places visited are not far from each other, so the bus rides were not lengthy. I recall having down time. I like to swim and I remember swimming every afternoon. The pool at the hotel in Gordes was perhaps my favorite pool ever! Only about half the group did the hike to the abbey, so if you don't hike that is a morning off.

• Thank you so much Sugarcreek, great feedback. Quick question, were the mornings early? Why would you guess Tauck categorizes it activity 4, pace 3?

• We took this tour a few years ago. There are some hotel changes, but most of the touring is the same. There is a lot of walking and some hiking on the tour. A couple of people in our group had a hard time and had to forego participating in a couple of the hikes and once left the group to return to the hotel by taxi. I think they thought it would be primarily a bus tour. I brought good hiking shoes and was happy I had done so.

• Thank you, I need to read these things

• I do not remember any early mornings, but then I'm not sure what you consider "early".... The last day was early for us as we had a morning flight out of Marseilles to Paris, but that was our doing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file