December 20, 2021 Yultide Spirit: Amsterdam to Brussels

I got home 12/ 27/2021 from another wonderful trip with Tauck. As I was waiting at the Newark airport on 12/18/2021 for my flight to Amsterdam, Netherlands, I was notified by Tauck that the Government of the Netherlands decided that effective 12/19, all non-essential businesses would be closed. This meant all restaurants, including the one in the hotel (room service available), museums, concert halls, shopping venues, etc. would be closed. Take away places were open for food as well as supermarkets. Tauck immediately went into action to change our itinerary for the beginning of the cruise. Instead of going to Rotterdam and Gouda we went to Dusseldorf, Germany where we were docked for 2 days. We spent 1 day visiting either Cologne or Aachen, Germany. The next day we toured Dusseldorf and visited the Markets. Later in the day we left for Belgium where the tour resumed it's set itinerary. We had excellent on board entertainment two nights-- musical trio and special acoustic performance by guest artists. There were all sorts of on-board activities to make Christmas special including a visit from Santa for good kids bid and small. Our Christmas stockings were hung in anticipation of treats. The tree was decorated with our ornaments and everyone big and small got a present to remember from someone on the tour. There were so many activities and special food treats to satisfy everyone. The food and service was outstanding. A big "Thank You" to Tauck staff in CT and the Tauck Cruise Director and 3 Tauck Directors who made this tour happen given all the changes that were being made on a daily basis by the countries we were to visit. I'd be remiss not to mention Scylla (Captain and staff ) who with Tauck made one of my dreams come true.

Comments

• vivian,

What a great review! I love your positive attitude and your willingness to be flexible when circumstances change through no fault of Tauck.

• It doesn't get any better than that!!! :D:D:D

• I was scheduled for the cruise following this one..leaving 12/27. Wonder how they handled that itinerary since it ended in AMS. We cancelled and scheduled for next year.

• I was on the same trip Vivian described. I too felt that Tauck went above and beyond to make up for The Netherlands closing at the last minute. It was wonderful and everyone aboard appreciated the efforts that Tauck took to give us a lovely Christmas experience.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file