Passion Play 2022

Delighted to read today’s letter from Dan Mahar…and learning that the rescheduled Passion Play is happening this year! We are overjoyed with this news since we booked in August of 2017 and have truly wondered if it would happen in 2022. So optimistic about Savoring France in April and Blue Danube with Oberammergau in August!

Comments

• Nancy, We are also doing the Blue Danube with Oberammergau but our trip will be at the end of May. We are also hopeful it really happens this time! Our last trip was in 2019 and we are anxious to be traveling again.

• edited February 2022

Yes! We’ve had it planned since 2017 also- it canceled 2020 & we will be on the September Ultimate Alps & Dolomites Oberammergau trip. I had not heard it will be a GO- but I follow the Oberammergau Passion Play Facebook page daily wondering if it will cancel again. Thanks for posting this

• cvc, I’ll look forward to learning what you hear from TAUCK since you’ll be going the first month of the play. We know about 20 going on our trip…just happened that a lot of friends wanted to go the same month.

• It should be great- they've had two extra years to work out all the kinks. I'm not sure what effect the delay will have on stage fright, however. What a wise decision to postpone it for two years!

• The two year delay was really smart. At the time, I couldn't imagine we would still be talking about Covid almost two years later. Most of the actors in main roles had a major part in the 2010 play - and some before that. Nancy, I will be happy to share our experiences. We were in Oberammergau as part of our Alps and Dolomites tour in 2015 and were able to see the theatre. So excited it looks like this is happening!

• cvc,

You are correct, both on the two-year hiatus (certainly no fault of Tauck's) and on returning actors. I have a great-nephew who is both a stage designer and choreographer who is fortunate enough to travel throughout Europe preparing sets and practicing with performers. He can attest to the fact that there are returning actors, especially the children who "grow" into new roles every ten years.

I look forward to reading your review, as well as those of Nancy and terrilynn.

• I have also had this trip scheduled since 2017. I am really looking forward to going on the Ultimate Alps and Dolomites trip at the beginning of August. I traveled last year (not with Tauck :/ ) to Africa. We had to do a lot of testing each time we moved around, but aside from that, traveling was great and I was so happy to be "out and about again." I am optimistic that the Passionspiele will take place and we will all have wonderful experiences.