Options

What to wear in Egypt and Jordan

We are getting excited for our Jordan and Egypt trip on March 18! We are of course planning to respect the local dress and wear pants/long skirts/tops covering the shoulders etc while out and about, but for those of you that have already been there, are we able to dress less conservatively while in the hotels? Ie shorter skirts and sleeveless tops?

Comments

• Options

nancy_shibayama I returned from this tour in December. The weather at the time was pleasant and sunny with temperatures ranges from mid-60's in Jordan to high 70's in Egypt. It was considerably warmer at the Dead Sea but also cooler at night. We were bundled up in Egypt for our night tour of King Tut's tomb and no one really used the deck area of the Oberoi Zahra - it was a bit chilly on deck. We watched life on the Nile from the comfort of the lounge.

We didn't visit any place that required head or shoulder coverings. You can definitely dress as you please in the hotels. One lady in our group wore a shorter-type skirt when touring some of the sites. March may be a bit cooler, especially in Jordan. I cannot recall anyone wearing sleeveless tops.

It's a FANTASTIC tour...Enjoy!

• Options

In December, we dressed just about like an American would at home. No scarfs required. Just dress conservatively. I wore black tights, sneakers and a long top most of the time.

• Options

Thanks ladies for the tips. Stating to get really excited!

• Options

nancy_shibayama .
    HI
    At the mosque. yes, cover the skin- shoulders and legs, just like you would, when visiting any temple- regardless of the religion.
    Dress exactly as you would be in your own town... unless, you are from South Beach during Spring Break.
    Do take with you a light sweater or jacket in case you get a little cold. - If you are planning on using the swimming pool at the boat
    be conservative, Bikinis are fine, 1 piece are fine... topless not good. :)
    Enjoy your trip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file