Options

Yellow fever outbreak

edited March 2022 in Kenya & Tanzania

I’m not sure whether this news may affect anyone on the K and T tour going into Tanzania from KENYA. It might be worth calling Tauck to find out any implications if you are due to go and have not had a Yellow fever vaccine.
This is exactly why it is good to have a Yellow fever vaccine under your belt

From the BBC

Tanzania's health ministry has launched a yellow fever vaccination drive after an outbreak was recorded in neighbouring Kenya.

Minister Ummy Mwalimu has directed provincial referral hospital officials to start administering the vaccine to all those travelling out of the country.

Kenya's health ministry announced the yellow fever outbreak last week.

Fifteen people were reported to have contracted the disease and three people confirmed dead.

Ms Mwalimu has directed experts who are supervising health issues at borders to look at possibilities of issuing electronic vaccination certificates to deal with the challenge of fakes.

She has also called on Tanzanians to take precautions so that the disease does not get into the country and to ensure that the environment is clean to stop mosquitoes from breeding.

Comments

• Options

So glad I got my yellow fever vaccine last week. I was on the fence about it but wanted to be safe rather than sorry. At 76 I am beyond the recommended age to receive this vaccine. Had a minimal reaction to it which lasted less than 24 hours.

• Options

Thank you for that note of caution. In advance of K & T scheduled for July of 2020, now this summer instead, we did a battery of vaccinations at Passport Health. Vaxed and ready to go yellow cards in hand.

• Options

Got our YF in spring of 2020 in preparation for K&T which was rescheduled for August 2022. Also, need to get another Typhoid vaccination, which will happen later this month. Hopefully, K&T will happen this year!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file