Options

Final Documents -When?

For current/soon-to-be travelers - how far in advance of your departure date are you receiving your final documents packet from Tauck?

For the last several years these have come in the form of a small wire-bound notebook with a green cover and the slogan "How You See the World Matters." It includes summary details of your trip, day-by-day itinerary, arrival contact instructions, etc. We are ten days from departure and have seen nothing yet. Are they still doing these or is there an electronic form?.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• Options

It's now in electronic form -- what many people on this forum have called "a digital green book." It generally comes about a month in advance of the tour, although I received my most recent one about 6 weeks before the tour is scheduled to begin.

• Options

Got it - thanks MCD!

• Options

My trip is on 5/31 and I received the ‘Documents’ this morning.

• Options

Our Romantic Germany trip is June 7 and we received the documents a week ago.

• Options

our best of hawaii is may 12 and still havent recieved the documents

• Options

My Best of Hawaii is before yours in May and I got the email with the link to the digital green book right after I made final payment, about a month ago.

• Options
    edited April 2022

I was emailed a Pre-Departure Tour Documents, PDF is this the digital green book mentioned above? I received it on April 8th for my June 5th trip. It's twenty pages of info for my trip.

• Options

Yes, Cathy. That's what people in the forum have been referring to as the digital green book.

• Options

Cathy_B
    11:04AM edited 11:05AM
    I was emailed a Pre-Departure Tour Documents, PDF is this the digital green book mentioned above? I received it on April 8th for my June 5th trip. It's twenty pages of info for my trip.

Yes.

You should have received an email with a subject line: "Important Pre-Departure Tour Documents" or "Important Notice About a Change to Your Trip". At the bottom of the email there should have been a green bubble with a link titled: "Get Document"

That link takes you to the Tauck server where your specific information document resides. The document includes COVID info, arrival/late arrival contact info, itinerary w/hotel info, gratuities info, packing, hotel confirmation for pre & post stays, etc. etc. It can be 20 or more pages- our latest was 27 pages.

You can download to your computer and/or print it now if you want (it is a pdf file), but be aware once you do that, the downloaded document and info become static. Tauck may update the online document, and if so, they should send you a notice of an update (see above). The cover email should identify the changes. But, just to be sure, I would check the online version regularly for significant changes in the weeks before you go to be sure you have the latest info.

It can be a bit awkward, but you can also copy and paste, or if you have pdf editing software you can extract, selected info like the by-day hotel contact info and insert it into or attach it to an email you can send to family and friends.

• Options

Thanks for your detailed reply! That's the PDF I got. I can edit PDFs, as I have the Adobe Suite software, I do graphic design. I'm also putting the schedule in my Tripit account. Their iPhone app is great. Thanks again.

• Options

Ken from Vegas Thanks from the reply. I think I'm almost set. Just the packing challenge next!