Options

Covid medication Paxlovid

Has anyone traveled to Europe with prescription anti-viral Paxlovid for use if you get Covid while away? I am wondering if there would be a problem bringing it in?

Comments

• Options

Bump to active Discussions page.

• Options

Janrose, a friend of mine is traveling abroad this weekend. She has a rare genetic blood disorder that she has to take care of, only diagnosed just pre Covid, so it is her first trip out of the country. She is on good terms with all the top Drs of her disease and wanted to get Paxlovid just in case. She called the first dr, he said no, you can only get a script if you test positive. The second said the same. The third doctor gave her a script, she’s very persuasive, she’s a lawyer. So it looks as if your main problems will be finding a dr who will give you a script.

• Options

Hopefully with time there will be more availability. This morning I listened to an expert from Johns Hopkins who said if available it’s actually a good idea to travel with Paxlovid if you are in a high risk group, which could simply be over 65. He said everyone will get Covid sooner or later because who hasn’t had a cold ever?