Options

Arriving in Dublin 3 days before June 16,. 2022 tour.

Please provide suggestions of what to see and where to dine. Has anyone been on the pub crawl?

Comments

• Options

This is what I recommended in my review from our 2018 tour. I stand by all these suggestions.:

Gallaghers Boxty House – we had dinner there on a free day before the tour start. It was great. The hotel had a magazine that said if you mentioned “Dining in Dublin” when you ordered you’d get a free pint of Jack Smith. Sure enough we got 2 pints and a half for free. Their menu is available online. You’ll know you’re in Ireland here.

Matt the Thresher – great seafood restaurant a short walk from the Conrad Hilton (or Merrion) in a Georgian
    neighborhood. Voted best Fish and Chips by our group’s connoisseur but all the food was good. Their menu is also available on line.

Lunch at Avoca. It’s in a small dept store with several locations in Ireland but they have lunch rooms with good food and light options.

KC Peaches – several locations in Dublin – lunch is either fresh made sandwiches or a buffet

As to what to see, we enjoyed the Chester-Beatty library on the grounds of Dublin castle. Actually it's a museum with amazing religious pieces from around the world. Part of a private collection that was donated. Free entrance (though a donation solicited). Every bit as interesting - if not more so - as the Book of Kells but not crowded.

• Options

Dublin recommendations can be found on several past Forum threads; you should be able to use Search on upper right. I will once again recommend the Seamus Heaney exhibit at the National Library.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file