Which hotel in Basel - Hotel Marthof or Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois?

For one night only in 2023. thx

Comments

• Never been to either as Tauck used the Swissotel for our tour. I'd go for Grand Hotel Led Trois Rois just for the river front location. But both look nice and are in the same area. Near restaurants,shopping, the cathedral, etc.

• We were on a Christmas market tour in 2017 and stayed at Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois. It was very nice and so close to the markets. Obviously it was Christmas time and it was beautifuly decorated. The breafast buffet was very nice and the view of the river was outstanding. I am not familiar witih the Hotel Marthof but would certainly stay at the Les Trois Rois again if given the chance.

• We stayed in Les Trois Rois before our Xmas Market Cruise and we loved it. Our room was one of the nicest of all our Tauck tours and the breakfast buffet was fantastic. I can't speak for the other hotel, but I'd imagine it would be nice if it is being used by Tauck. Have you looked dat the reviews on TripAdvisor?

• We stayed at the Les Trois Rois last September and the room was beautiful and spacious.
    The breakfast was delicious. The trip was called "Switzerland: Europe's Crown Jewels" and it was a great trip with a wonderful TD. I would recommend this trip.

• Noreen, your Switzerland tour went to Basel? Ours ended in Lucerne like the itinerary says.

• Claudia, you are correct! Our Switzerland tour started in Lausanne. We did back to back tours the first was Switzerland and then we did the Rhine and Moselle river cruise. The river cruise ended up in Basel where we had two days before leaving from Zurich airport. We fly business class so we tend to do back to back tours whenever possible to save money on airfares. Sorry for the confusion.

• That makes sense. We tend to do longer tours as well. Either add to the start & end of do back to back. We did Switzerland back to back with Normand/Brittany but yours makes sense. We took that river cruise back in 2015. Loved the Moselle. Wished we'd had this hotel. Ours was ok but more of a business hotel across from the convention center.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file