Options

White House officials meet with travel industry to end testing

This could be the start of great news! White House officials met Tuesday with travel industry officials, who pressed the Biden administration to end its requirements that vaccinated international travelers take a coronavirus test before flying to the United States.

Airlines for America, representing major US air carriers, and the US Travel Association, representing the broad travel and tourism industry, said they argued the requirement does not match the current threat from Covid-19.

They also say the requirement is harming the US economy.

https://www.kwwl.com/news/national/us-airlines-travel-industry-push-white-house-to-end-pre-travel-testing/article_65f70b04-e22f-5a4d-897c-36f93d0d8e79.html?fbclid=IwAR0W2O3fDhxnGABzs8__NlKB5pQdgH4OyVEE3ptNqLeLDrG7hGboC8osrak

Comments

• Options

Keeping my fingers crossed! We’ll be flying home from Berlin on June 20, that’s the only concern we have about this trip.

• Options

That would be so awesome. I have travel scheduled for September and then again in October. I'm really hoping the testing requirement is lifted by then. I'm not sure it's really doing any good right now. We have preventive measures that can be taken and many more options for treatment so we ought to be doing what we can to get back to normal.

• Options

I sent a message to the WH thru their website a few weeks ago asking for this. Never got more than a form response but didn't expect any.

• Options

We are on a trip to Europe in late August.Hoping the testing requirement for vaccinated individuals is changed before that!

• Options

I sure hope this craziness ends too. It’s way overdue. Thanks for posting this Brenda. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🙏

• Options

All the major airlines went to the White House three or four weeks ago with the same argument. They were shown the door to the rose garden. Don’t hold your breath.

• Options

A squeaky wheel gets the oil!

• Options

Here is a question, even if the testing requirement to get back into the US is dropped, I’m assuming that if you have symptoms or say a cruise ship wants to test you before being allowed onboard, you still run the risk of having to quarantine and therefore not being allowed to travel back into the US?
    I’m learning here on the forum that some countries have an honor system regarding quarantine, worth checking out before travel to find out what the rules are for the county you are going to. Being stranded in a country and not being allowed out of your hotel room or quarantine facility is way different to not being able to travel home but can have a great time site seeing and claiming insurance for the hotel and food.

• Options

Sealord, I'd read the Travel Association had sent a letter but not that they had gone to the WH a month ago or so. Fyi, Tauck signed that letter too.

Yes, every country's quarantine requirements are different. Once I learned about the French rules I stopped worrying about it last year in Paris since I knew we could move to a cheaper hotel than Taucks and be able to go out and get food instead of relying on room service. For us it would have been extra vacation time and we would have weathered any added expense not covered by the insurance. But we're retired and comfortably off financially. For those with obligations back home - jobs, kids, pets, etc - this added "vacation" might not be so great.