How to dress for dinner for Scotland Tour?

I think I read somewhere that one is expected to dress more formally for dinner on European trips: has that been your experience for the Scotland tour? And if so are we talking nice business casual? or something a notch above? Thanks!

Comments

• Dinner dress - the single most discussed topic on this forum.

Yes that's the conventional wisdom but in recent years it's less and less of a thing. I'd suggest typing "dinner dress" into the search box on the upper right. You'll have loads of replies. After reading you can decide for yourself how you want to dress. Fyi - note the date of a reply.

• We did the Week in Scotland in 2018. I can assure you that there were no dressy dinners on our tour. For the few nicer meals, some men wore blazers; most wore nice shirts and slacks. Personally, I didn't bring a dress on this trip; only one pair of black slacks which I wore twice with different blouses, and, regrettably, a pair of heels.

We were there in August - it was fairly cool most days. I'd use the extra space in my suitcase for sweaters, scarves and a light raincoat, Most days, we went right to dinner after a full day of touring, with no time to change clothing.

• I’ve lived in Scotland, they don’t dress up
    Also, the Scottish people would never consider themselves as Europeans.

• SGF I'm going on the Week in Scotland tour this weekend. Tour starts Sunday June 5th. I hope we have time to change before dinner. I like to have a break between touring all day and evening meal.

• Cathy_B...it's all about the traffic! Have a wonderful trip! I hope you get to see the sheepdog demonstration - and to hold some puppies! Adorable!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file