Options

Great News about Covid Tests to return to the US

Hi...just heard this news...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/10/politics/us-to-end-pre-departure-testing-requirement/index.html

Hopefully they don't reverse this in 90 days - per the report "The CDC will reassess its decision in 90 days and if officials decide they need to reinstate it, because of a concerning new variant, for example, will do so. The measure has been in place since January 2021."

Great news for now and a step in the right direction!!

Comments

• Options

Yes great news, but if you test positive in the countries that have true strict quarantines, you may still get stuck until they release you. This needs checking out.

• Options

Of course they did this after I changed my flights at great cost.

• Options

Ken - do you have the guest protection w/Tauck? Wouldn't that get covered?

• Options

Great news! Keep your fingers crossed that it stays this way!

• Options

Great news! One less stress point as we prepare for our August K/T Safari.

• Options

What a relief for summer travel! I just wrote to NPR (not the 1st time), who reported the testing requirement as a "24-hour rule." We at the Forum of course know better, after this was clarified here.

• Options

Kathy
    Cancelled tickets on frequent flier miles (miles and fees refunded) and rebooked as one way tickets. Maybe I can get some compensation from the travel insurance my credit card provides. We'll see.

• Options

I hope you can! When do you fly back Ken? Good Luck!

• Options

Now scheduled for June 19.

• Options

That's awesome and must be such a relief!

• Options
    edited June 2022

Looking forward to hearing about your travels Cathy!

• Options

Sweet! Much less stress now! And the AZOVA proctoring is refundable if cancelled within 24 hours. So...we'll keep the appointments for now just in case the CDC gets a little skittish and reinstates it early. But man, the Family Bridges Tour on the Danube first week of July just got that much better! So pleased....

Still getting my soon to be 12 y/o his booster next weekend (waited until just after he was 12 so he can get the higher dose)!

• Options

We just got second booster, taking last diphtheria capsule today, we have our malaria pills, and we have long since had our yellow fever vaccinations. We are good to go from ‘Out of Africa’ to ‘Into Africa’. The threat of getting stuck in Nairobi seems to have faded a bit.

• Options

This was happy news for me to hear today. My husband, 13 yo son and myself head to Budapest on June 26 for the Bridges Blue Danube Family Adventure departing Budapest on June 29. One less thing to stress about....so grateful for this news!

• Options

Thanks to the testing ending, we're now flying back on the 15th. We will have met the isolation requirements based on our first symptoms. Before we would have had to wait until the 19th based on our official positive test date.

• Options

Happy for you Ken, safe travels home.