Covid Vaccine

Does Tauck consider the Johnson and Johnson vaccine adequate. Do you have to have a second booster in addition to the initial J and J vaccine

Comments

• edited June 2022

It depends on where you are going- the visited countriy's requirements.

• I don’t know about the J and J vaccine, but that is not strictly true, Tauck goes over and above some country’s requirements, asking for boosters if it is over 270 days from your final initial vaccine.
    First, speak to your doctor and explain you are going to travel.
    Personally, if I were you, had gotten the. J and J vaccine, which I assume was many months ago, I would have already been back and gotten a different vaccine booster or two.

• edited June 2022

When and where are you going? The J&J vaccine has been the least effective and is now given for emergency reasons only as it's been associated with 'rare' blood clots. As British said above, I'd have gotten a Moderna or Pfizer vaccine when boosters were initially offered back last Fall. Most places are requiring a booster within 270 days/9 mo of arriving in Europe. When is your trip? There are 'promising' vaccines coming out late summer/early Fall that are Omicron-specific and that's the one we hope to be able to get before our trip in mid-Sept. We have had a total of three Moderna Vaccines at this point, but we will need a fourth as it will be greater than 270 days for us when we leave in Sept - we are hopeful the Omicron-specific vaccine will be out, but if not, we will take Moderna or Pfizer before then. We have not had Covid yet (not that we know of anyway).