Options

New email and video from Dan Mahar

edited July 2022 in General Discussion

Has everyone received the "Thank you" email with short video from Dan Mahar? We got it early this morning (7//10/2022).

https://www.tauck.com/videos/thank-you-from-ceo-dan-mahar

Does anyone recognize themselves or how about the celebrity cameo? (hint: 1:04 - 1:05) :D:D:D

Comments

• Options

I spotted British, the famous Tauck swimsuit model, thanks to your 1:05 tip.

• Options

Alan - We received a very nice letter yesterday from Dan Mahar thanking us for traveling with Tauck.

• Options

I just watched it. Dan Mahar is indeed very grateful for the likes of us who enjoy all the attributes that encompass the joy of traveling and seeing the world.

• Options

Didn't get it. 15 tours? most recent this April. Another 4 booked.

• Options

I received it a couple of days after booking a 2023 tour this past week (my 3rd for next year). I think it may be something new.

• Options

We actually got two emails this week- a reminder of final payment (we just made a booking) and Dan Mahar's thanks. The first one contained this bit of just slightly dated info because the trip count has likely increased considerably, especially since the fall of 2021.

"Based on great feedback and high satisfaction scores for over 850 trips we operated in 2021, all of us at Tauck are eager to get back on the road in 2022. We hope you share our excitement."

So, if anyone wondered how many people are on the road with Tauck at any given moment all over the world and the support they require (and why those in quarantine may not get the level of support they might hope for), you can do your own rough math. I'm sure the 2022 tour count is much higher.

850 ÷ 10 months = 85 trips per month X 40 people (avg) per trip = 3400 people per month ÷ 2 (wag overlap factor?) = 1700 to 3400 people on tour at any given instant, spread across the world based on the 2021 trips. The number is probably a little lower during shoulder seasons and considerably higher in season.

(Remember I said "rough" math. :D:D:D Your mileage may vary. All the cruises certainly up the passenger count which is somewhat countered by the trend to small group departures, so again this is a WAG)